Mirpuris

• Why are they disliked in britain?

• Mirpuris got their in big numbers due to Mangla Dam, didn't have education and didn't bother to get educated, got involved in crimes and gangs.

• How many pakistanis in britain are mirpuris roughly.Are all mirpuris the same.I have heard some clans like bains rajput can be very crafty people.

• کتنا عجیب سوال ہے

asif86

PM this user

Why are they disliked in britain?

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO ON 09 JUL 2015 14:15 #

اور کتنا عجیب جواب

Shirazi

PM this user

Mirpuris got their in big numbers due to Mangla Dam, didn't have education and didn't bother to get educated, got involved in crimes and gangs.

POSTED 54 MINUTES AGO ON 09 JUL 2015 14:34 #

• تارکین وطن کے باقی گروہوں کے متعلق کیا خیال ہے ؟

کریبین

سلھٹی

• تارکین وطن کچھ مخصوص اوقات میں کچھ مخصوص ضروریات کی وجہ سے آئے. برطانوی معاشرے میں سوشل موبلٹی نہ ہونے کی وجہ سے ان لوگوں کا وہی مقام رہا جو ابتدا میں تھا

سابقہ میر پوریو ن کے مسائل برطانیہ میں تھیچر کی پالیسیوں کے بعد اور بڑھے

• @asif86

"Why are they disliked in britain?"

Who says so? You? or do you have any reliable source for this information?

• "تارکین وطن"

are they same people who left Pakistan with Illegal documents, picture change, or via boat or PIA

they are living illegally in other countries, doing every illegal work to make money....

• Tarikeen-e-Watan

Will also include those who left Pakistan with perfectly legal documents, without picture change because the word simply means those left their homeland.

• Tarikeen-e-Watan

Will also include those who left Pakistan with perfectly legal documents, without picture change because the word simply means those left their homeland.

• @Zinda Dil Saab

What part of the question posted here is absurd? Don't you think people from Mirpur brought bad name to Pakistanis in UK? If not please elaborate, if they did, what in your view is the reason for their bad reputation? None of us here is social scientist like you. Your comprehensive answer on the subject will open up minds of many here on the subject.

• @Shirazi

"Don't you think people from Mirpur brought bad name to Pakistanis in UK?"

Do you think so? If so, what is the basis of this assertion?

Can you provide some evidence to support your view like some press cuttings from the British Press or a statement by the British Home Office or local authorities??

• @Anjaan Bhai

Mirpuris bad reputation assertion is based on public perception not on some British gov't's statement like the complaints about Mexicans in US. Lot of my friends and cousins raised the same point that Asif bhai has here. People who live in UK especially Zindadil saab can give more comprehensive analysis on this matter.

• @Shirazi

I know it is a common phenomena that a handful people's comments are taken to be as public perception. I believe that the question should have been "Are Mirpuris disliked?" rather than "Why are they disliked in Britain"

I appreciate that an individual's behaviour both bad and good reflects on Pakistan but the individual concerned can hail from place. Take the examples of Rahat Fateh Ali Khan who was held in India for currency smuggling, he is not from Mirpur. Our beloved cricketers Salman Butt and Co for Spot fixing (were convicted and jailed in Britain). They were not from Mirpur. Shahid Afridi, the pitch digger and cricket ball eater, he is not from Mirpur. These individuals brought more shame and disgrace for Pakistan than any other Pakistani!!

So why malign a city, a region etc?

• @anjaan

"Who says so? You? or do you have any reliable source for this information?"

I have even heard it from one non-pakistani that mirpuris are most hated community in UK.Some journalists claim that the grooming gangs in north england are mainly people with mirpuri background.The educational and employment profile of mirpuris is low.Most of them still drive taxis and work in takeaways even though have been in britain for 3 generations.

• Rahat, Afridi and Salman Butt etc are few celebs who made mistakes. We can't compare them with a closely net community like Mirpuris settled in UK for 5 decades. But I agree with you it would be more prudent to pose the question first about their reputation and then explore the reasons instead of starting a conversation with a negative verdict. Usually immigrants have positive impact on economy, they are not complacent like some natives work hard and get rewarded. Unfortunately in case of Mirpuris it's slightly different and Asif Bhai is trying to find out why rule of thumb didn't apply in their case. My simplistic assumption is parents were not as educated as they usually are in immigrants and due to closely net community things hot multiplied. As I said before Zindadil Saab and others who live in UK can shed better light.

This by no mean is judgement against the city Murpur. I have been there many times and it is much much better than many cities in Pakistan. It's clean it's cheap especially rents etc nice schools affluent and above all people are very friendly and lively.

• So true azizi Bhai all those mansions in Murpur are dirt cheap.

• "These individuals brought more shame and disgrace for Pakistan than any other Pakistani!!"

Pakistan has produced many more heinous individuals who have not only brought more disgrace to Pakistan but also to human race. The above mentioned individuals were caught in corruption, what about those who have innocent human blood on their hand.

But I suppose some people don't value human life and for them corruption is the height of disgrace.

• One of the fundamentals of comprehension is that one should read with reference to the context!