MQM chief to go on hunger strike

• It seems like Altaf Bhai is not only frustrated but is also running out of ideas. He needs to give up arms not food.

-;)

• Five MQM MNAs go underground after FIR was registered against them for listening MQM leader's hate speech.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1195382/five-mqm-legislators-not-to-attend-na-session

It's better than Ch. Nisar and co. approaching UK gov't to stop Altaf Hussain for making provocative speeches. If Army has decided to take on MQM - they shouldn't be dependent on UK gov't's actions. There was a time in Swat when Mullah Fazalullah's FM radio was on in Swat. When Army went after him they started by cracking down his hate speech. Army should do same with Altaf bhai. How will they cut his size politically if they allow all his BS from London.

Personally, I don't have any problem with Altaf bhai's speeches and I don't reckon them as hate speeches, yet. Army created this monster and I expect them to handle it. If it means crack down, curbing freedom of speech and some other civil liberties - be it. Law & order in Karachi is paramount Altaf bhai, his sector in charges political rights can be sacrificed for the time being. The crackdown should be visible against MQM goons not 15 million mohajirs. MQM will try to project it as later but like drone strikes some collateral damage should be OK.

• @Shirazi Bhai,

Partially agreed with you, meaningless speeches are no good for the nation. These speeches could not get local body elections from Zardari,sharif and army, these speeches could not abolish quota system from Sind, pro Army rallies and speeches could not earn trust of establishment, pro pakistan and Punjab speeches could never got Mohajirs recognized as sons / daughter of soils in the eyes of Pakistanis (Punjabis).

We dont need speeches but actions now. I have feeling that awakening is coming fast among fellow Karachites, I can hear and see the necessary frustration, feeling of deprivations, lack of participation, hopelessness, helplessness,oppression etc. These all are positive signs and will help achieving logical conclusion if not now, surely in near future.

Pakistani Army, opportunist leaders, biased media personnel selective judiciary and off course our brotherly bloggers, all are helping create environment that will help undo the historical mistake commited by our forefathers.

• "Five MQM MNAs go underground after FIR was registered against them for listening MQM leader's hate speech."

This kind of repression can only happen in Pakistan, but surprising part is that civil society in general is quiet on this action contrary to all norms of humanity, freedom and democracy.

• Well civil society was calm when military agencies were making these ethnic and religious organizations. It's only fair they stay out of it when they are trying to handle them.

• "Well civil society was calm when military agencies were making these ethnic and religious organizations. It's only fair they stay out of it when they are trying to handle them."

Problem is that they don't have anything against the organizations to handle them legally.

The issue that I have is they are going after individual citizens who listening to a view.

There much more anti Pakistan views being propagated by other organizations, but no action.

• Despite Nadeem F. Paracha's repeated assertions I don't find much difference between Gen. Raheel Sharif and his predecessors. Recently Rangers got one year extension from Sind gov't after an NRO between Army and PPP. There already is an NRO between GHQ and sectarian outfits and Afghan Taliban and Kashmiri Lashkars.