Recruiting? Your thoughts..

• There is no denying that the Islamic State is making every effort to recruit people in South Asia – in fact their attempts are not exclusive to the Middle East and South Asia. With the use of social media, they have the opportunity to reach people in almost every corner of the world, including the United States and Pakistan. This is alarming considering that number of adolescents in our respective countries who use social media, and those who possess impressionable minds that can be brainwashed.

Among those brainwashed are some women.

House Foreign Affairs Committee member Rep. Ed Royce stated that, ““ISIS needs women, needs to control them, to establish its caliphate and give rise to the next generation of ISIS. And that is why ISIS is investing heavily in recruiting foreign women to join its ranks. And with each girl who becomes brainwashed, ISIS has a new poster child for its jihadi girl-power propaganda.”

It is not until they reach the ground that they are faced with reality. They lure these impressionable minds with promises of adventure and romance. However, violence and brutality that they face is unparalleled, they are subjugated to rape, trafficking, forced marriages, and even murdered.

So I ask you, how do we, as an international community, collectively put an end to this brainwashing? How can we, as friends and family members of these potential brainwashed recruits, make the aware of the brutality that awaits them?

Haroon Ahmad

DET – U.S. Central Command

www.facebook.com/centcomurdu

• The best way to keep women out of this whole Jihadi mess is to educate them what is in Islam for women. They ain't promised 72 studs in haven rather they will be competing with 72 virgins to get some attention from their husband if they made it to havens. Men are not only given double rights in inheritance but also as witness. They can strike women. Why women are attracted to Islam in beyond me.

• violence and brutality that they face is unparalleled, they are subjugated to rape, trafficking, forced marriages, and even murdered.

I see this profile matching with the prostitution and pimping with an added design of baby making minus drugs. Whatever the modern world has devised for the meat industry should also work for ISIS.