MQM lawmakers tender resignations from NA, Senate and Sindh Assembly

• Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) lawmakers simultaneously submitted their resignations in the National Assembly, Senate and the Sindh Assembly on Wednesday, citing reservations over the Rangers-led operation in Karachi.

MQM lawmaker Farooq Sattar while addressing the NA said, "We have decided to resign from the National Assembly, Senate and Sindh Assembly."

In National Assembly, after Sattar finished his speech, the MQM lawmakers went into the Speaker's chamber to submit their resignations.

The NA Speaker sat at his desk, surrounded by MQM lawmakers who submitted their resignations one by one.

Ayaz Sadiq verified the resignations, but the decision to accept the resignations will take place after the arrival of PM Nawaz Sharif, said sources in the PML-N. The PML-N leadership is also in contact with PPP leadership, they added.

MQM Senators then submitted their resignations to Chairman Senate.

Senator Raza Rabbani initially refused to accept the resignations and asked the MQM lawmakers to submit the resignations in Senate Secretariat — which they later did.

Meanwhile, the party's MPAs also submitted their resignations to Sindh Assembly Speaker Agha Siraj Durrani.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1200027/mqm-lawmakers-tender-resignations

• Unlike PTI Army backed resignations these are against Army. Gov't may not sit on these like they did on PTI's.

• "Unlike PTI Army backed resignations these are against Army. Gov't may not sit on these like they did on PTI's."

You must be sleeping, resignations have already been accepted by the speaker!

To exclude MQM from politics is a very dangerous plan of SSI for the democracy!

• Imran Khan ✔@ImranKhanPTI

A tale of 2 resignations: One to investigate an election where all parties claimed election was rigged; & the other to save target killers.

• I suppose some people who don't believe in the Creator, have found an alternative in Kaptan and his foolish statements.

• @Curiosity bhai

I agree MQM's urban Sindh mandate can't be ignored but at the same time MQM can't be allowed to continue terrorize Karachi under the hood of their mandate. I think MQM was given more than ample opportunity to clean up their ranks but they didn't. This operation was writing on the wall.

BTW I pasted IK's tweet that doesn't mean I agree with him especially the part where he says his resignations was to find election fraud. His resignations were to trigger destabilize the system on request from Army. But MQM's resignations are obviously to protect militants among their ranks.

• When pet proscribed organizations in Karachi are treated with TLC and a political party is targeted, injustice is obvious to everyone who want to see.

• "But MQM's resignations are obviously to protect militants among their ranks."

What a logic?

How the militants will be protected by the resignations? May be on behalf of IK you can logically explain.

• MQM is resigning to slow down the military operation that's targeting MQM's militants.

• Excellent move, MQM should make sure to have by elections held on these seats, this will take all the air out of bloon.

• @Shirazi Bhai,

Not sure why you always loose your logical mind and great thinking abilities when it comes to MQM. Neither Pakistan is MQM nor MQM is as old as Pakistan. Child abusing nation has become joke in community of nations, no friends including SA, Iran,Afghanistan, UAE, USA,UK,known as creator, promotor, harbour of terrorists world wide, these are not because of MQM.

MQM represented peaceful, educated, hardworking and true Pakistanis at heart, who lost everything in making of Pakistan. They don't represent gang of criminals, target killers or mafia as the image Built by biased media, however I don't deny partly taking some protective measures in their own hands after suffering series of massacres between 1985 to 1989 at the hands of drug lords, Sindhi nationalists and state supported terrorist groups.

• @GP Bhai

MQM represented peaceful, educated, hardworking and true Pakistanis at heart, who lost everything in making of Pakistan.

No two opinions about it. But at the same time numbers don't lie. Since operation started in Karachi law & order including target killing and bhata khori has improved. MQM happens to be biggest culprit and for that and now biggest target.

As far as your rest of the charge sheet is concerned ...

Child abusing nation has become joke in community of nations, no friends including SA, Iran,Afghanistan, UAE, USA,UK,known as creator, promotor, harbour of terrorists world wide

Again, I can't disagree with you.

I absolutely have no grudge against urdu speaking people except that my in-laws are urdu speaking but I don't hold that against MQM.

-;)

• MQM should go fro re election just to reassert the political

reality of Karachi. That is only way to blunt criticism on them.

• "MQM is resigning to slow down the military operation that's targeting MQM's militants."

I suppose it is your feeling, no factual basis. Correct?

• Law and order and Life of people should be more important than any assembly,party or leader, what was the advantage of assembly membership when people were dying daily in violence and victimization of ordinary people was the order of day.Even today 4 policemen were killed in city.

MQM is snatching seats on the basis of Ethnocenterism from last 35 years, so now elections should be held on separate electoral basis for different ethnic groups so that MQM can not victimize ethnic minorities, otherwise this game of victimization of ethnic minorities will go on for centuries.

• @Shirazi Bhai,

You can't disassociate Karachi's lawlessness from pakistan's over all criminal and dubious characteristics. Same ruling mafia responsible to spread terror in Pakistan and world also responsible for mess in Karachi and rest of Pakistan.

Karachi is in mess yes. Mandate of Karachi is with MQM yes. MQM is responsible for mess debatable.

Sindh is in mess yes, mandate of Sindh is with MQM no, MQM is responsible for mess in Sindh no.

Pakistan is in mess yes, mandate of Pakistan is with MQM no, MQM is responsible for mess no.

MQM is not equal to mess, correct your equation, fortunately or unfortunately, impact of mess in Karachi outweighs every other mess.

Compare the law and order number during 2002 to 2008, numbers were much better without army operation, proving again MQM is not equal to mess, rather MQM is stability force.

• @Curiosity bhai

It's not just my feeling - MQM leadership is repeatedly giving statements they are resigning in protest of Rangers operation that they deem is unfairly targeting MQM.

• @Makram,

Normally, I don't find much to agree with you but here 100% with you. If mandate can't protect citizens, can't ensure law and order, can promote economic conditions, can't ensure health and safety of people, should go home.

• "Since operation started in Karachi law & order including target killing and bhata khori has improved."

Have the thought went through your brain that other groups are lying low either because they are close to the group doing operation & they have been told to lay low or they are waiting for the competition to be eliminated by the operation.

• problem i see with this operation.

1: Not equal and fair....

what happened to Uzair Baloch? other Lyari gang members? Did PPP get blamed for "Bhatta khori"

Gangs of Taliban, ANP Sunni Thareek?

Political issue??

2: Intervention from NATO and asking for help from international forum is normal .... we do it again and again on Kashimir...... Blaoch leaders took their cause to American Congress ... so what if MQM invited inter'l observers? Zardari and NS played Anti Establishment game

when they were out of power...

so whats wrong if MQM playing same card?

Why wait for group to take matter to UNO, why not resolve the issue locally?

What we did for Urban Sindh province or local bodies elections??? how much money invested in Karachi after IDPs migration ..... any planning for city?

Well look like Operation 92 version 2.0 to me, this time

war will be watched by international media and forces... is that what we are looking forward ?

FOR MQM,

clean up gangs, dump use less mouth speakers like Ghori and Waseem, time to say bye bye to internal sector and

Altaf Hussain, both getting too much controversial.

Time for new leadership, where are Mustafa kamal and Sabzwari?