Bilawal's security is more important... So F**k off

• Baby girl dies after Bilawal's protocol 'denies entry' to Civil Hospital

http://www.dawn.com/news/1228318/baby-girl-dies-after-bilawals-protocol-denies-entry-to-civil-hospital

A father with an ashen face holds the limp body of his ten-month old child. A baby who was supposed to have all the time in the world to live, dream and be, is pronounced dead. All this on live TV.

I can hear his voice as he pleads with the VIP protocol who deny him and his child entry to the hospital. After waiting for what must have felt like an eternity, he is allowed to enter. His child is pronounced dead upon arrival.

Each time the hourly bulletin runs the footage of Bisma's desperate father seeking help for his daughter, I'm reminded that life is cheap in Pakistan.

Actually, my mistake; the lives of poor people are cheap.

Those of the ‘privileged’ and ‘entitled’ are very precious indeed.

Thank you Nisar Khuhro for outlining this so clearly for anyone who just didn't get it.

"Bilawal's security is more important [than 'collateral damage' i.e. the death of a baby]". Well said sir. I wonder if you would have said the same if it was your child, not Bisma. Would you still insist this was in national interest?

I hear the PPP’s media cell has issued a statement saying that a transparent inquiry would be conducted into the death and complete findings will be made public. It further states that anyone found responsible will be “taken to task”.

Is it just me, or does the feigned sincerity of those who rule rings a trifle hollow today?

Dear Bilawal, I understand you were not directly involved in Bisma's death. You weren't standing there preventing her father from entering the hospital.

But I do believe you know what is wrong here; it is the brazen, often horrifying, misplaced sense of entitlement that puts those who rule so far above those ruled. Taking your guards 'to task' is next to meaningless. I hope you understand this.

You may add Bisma to the long list linked to your name and those who hold power but don't know how to wield it.

This is not the first time that such an incident has occurred. And it will certainly not be the last.

Ref:

http://www.dawn.com/news/1228327/no-bilawals-security-is-not-more-important-than-10-month-old-bismas-life

• @expakistani

I share your anger.

• Bisma Mar gai...Lekin Zinda hai bhutto Zinda hai..

Anyways People will forget it in few days .. and will vote for Bhuttos in next elections ..

• "Anyways People will forget it in few days .. and will vote for Bhuttos in next elections "

Just like they forgot IK, MH and CN support of TTP killers.

• Please stick to the topic of the thread!

• Why protection of madressas run by extremist philosophies is more important than the lives of innocent citizens including children killed by the terrorists nurtured in the same madressas.

• Still Off Topic!!

• In civilized societies such horrifying outcomes would never ever happen . This is indeed sad. Very sad and inhuman. However more inhuman is that the leaders and government throw money and offer jobs to the ones who lose their near and dear ones as if money and jobs will heal the wound.

A party that claims itself as progressive and representatives of poor and a leader who represents new generation should never had done anything that could have led to this . Never.

• "A party that claims itself as progressive and representatives of poor and a leader who represents new generation should never had done anything that could have led to this . Never."

This sad event of death of a baby should be looked in context of Pakistan and background of death of PPP leadership. Question is why the hospital administration and Sind government did not plan the security of Bilawal such that the access to the Emergency is available at all times to all those in need.

The blame goes to both Civil Hospital Administration and Security people of PPP. In my opinion, it is not appropriate to blame it on Bilawal.

• Any so-called leader who is afraid of going to meet people he is supposed be leader of, without minders, is not worth a single paisa. How can cowards be leaders?

• In one of the most dangerous society like Pakistan, even Military Chief needs security and protocol.

Even, Champions of Religion move under strict protection and carry guns.

It is absolutely stupid to blame Bilawal or any other VIP for the sad death of a poor baby.

Pakistani Chamcha Administration is responsible for such incidents which behaves more Loyal than King.

• @hypocrite sahib

However more inhuman is that the leaders and government throw money and offer jobs to the ones who lose their near and dear ones as if money and jobs will heal the wound.

That's a good point but you are criticizing a wrong culture/people. In Islam, one can kill someone and then pay off the family members without facing any consequences.

The kind of enemies or a life threat Bilawal faces, do you realistically think he can move about with minimal security?

I agree with curiousity jee that the hospital administration is more at fault, but as a leader, he does bear some responsibility. it was a really bad PR for him.

• @Javed Sheikh

You say:

"It is absolutely stupid to blame Bilawal or any other VIP for the sad death of a poor baby"

And Qarar says:

I agree with curiousity jee that the hospital administration is more at fault, but as a leader, he does bear some responsibility. it was a really bad PR for him.

You ofcourse are a huge CHAMCHA of Bhuttos, aren't you??

• 1. During Indian Prime Minister Wajpai's visit to Lahore in 1998, JI blocked the Roads and Traffic in Lahore.

Several patients died at home as no conveyance was available to take them to Hospital.

Various pregnant women could not reach the Labor Room due to the nonsense agitation.

2. In Karachi the Civil Administration should have kept one entrance open for Emergency, had they used common sense.

3. Had the VIP been Raheel Shareef, I would have never blamed him for such incident.

4. It is stupid to twist the story to target a person whom one doesn't like.

5. I will hold Administration responsible for such slavish and habitual obedience and submission in order to behave like more loyal than king.

• This sad event of death of a baby should be looked in context of Pakistan and background of death of PPP leadership. Question is why the hospital administration and Sind government did not plan the security of Bilawal such that the access to the Emergency is available at all times to all those in need

Curiousity sahib,

Thanks for the opinion and comment and it does make sense.

What I couldnt communicate properly is:

1. Where in the progressive developed world will some one inaugurate a hospital with all this fanfare and without any official capacity? Why had Bilawal to inaugurate this hospital wing?

2. The administration doesnt do anything at its own. It follows directives and practices which are provided by the government. Even if it acted at its own, why hasnt Bilawal or Sindh government issued a directive that general public will be allowed access to facilities while these so called VIPs are carrying out photo op sessions.

3. The thing that hurt me most was the government offering job to the father of the poor kid. Why a job was offered? Was this person eligible for a job? If yes, why not earlier, if not why not now? And how will giving a job to the father of the deceased child help avoid such instances in future?

I have read some other comments on holding administration accountable and yes it should be held accountable. But is only the administration accountable? What about this government who has a mandate and responsibility to streamline administration. If they cannot manage administration then why are they governing?

• @Javed Sheikh

"1. During Indian Prime Minister Wajpai's visit to Lahore in 1998, JI blocked the Roads and Traffic in Lahore.

Several patients died at home as no conveyance was available to take them to Hospital.

Various pregnant women could not reach the Labor Room due to the nonsense agitation."

Do you have any evidence (newspaper cuttings, video recordings etc) in support of your evidence? If so, please post it here. If not, please refrain from making such claims in future.

• @hypocrite

"Why had Bilawal to inaugurate this hospital wing?"

Why indeed? Why not the Medical Head of that wing? That would have made the medical staff happy and motivated them and no fuss would have ensued.

• Absolutely,revoltingly disgusting.Army should intervene at once.This bozo,with the security incharge,the head of the province should be arrested at once & put in jail pending court decision.

PPP is suppose to be people's party,if this party is murdering her own citizens what can be said to other parties?

PPP manifesto says,roti,kapra.makaan.

This party is giving GRAVE as a MAKAAN,not acceptable,

Chief justice should take suo motto action.

• I am afraid some Scholars at this Forum might twist and stretch the sad demise of baby to blame Mohammad Ali Jinnah as murderer.

Some Scholars like to make Mountain out of Mole.

Some Scholars might come up with the suggestion that father of the baby must have observed birth control.

Very Interesting debate.

• And a fake professor has not got the moral or otherwise courage to answer the question asked of him:

@Javed Sheikh

"1. During Indian Prime Minister Wajpai's visit to Lahore in 1998, JI blocked the Roads and Traffic in Lahore.

Various pregnant women could not reach the Labor Room due to the nonsense agitation."

Do you have any evidence (newspaper cuttings, video recordings etc) in support of your evidence? If so, please post it here. If not, please refrain from making such claims in future.