Yet another cheat in Pakistani cricket?

• @curiousity jee

The way things are going, there will hardly be any honorable and clean player left in Pakistan cricket team.

I'm sure Mr. Shirazi will soon start a campaign that the nation must forgive Yasir Shah and grant him a second chance.

;-)

• Do our players even know about all these rules?

Is this substance that was found in Yasir Shah's sample taken intentionally by Yasir or was it part of something that Yasir took unintentionally and unknowingly?

Few days ago a SL player was found with a banned substance. Is it something that is part of our diet regime and or local spices or food that is causing this issue?

I hope Yasir Shah is not fond of "Naswar". Just joking.

• @hypocrite

"Do our players even know about all these rules?" You ask.

May be not, but whose responsibility it is to make the players aware of such rules? It is the cricket Administrators both at domestic and national levels

For the national side, PCB should not only educate the players in the squad but itself carry out the surprise dope tests on the players so that it gets early warning signals and takes the corrective action before the ICC steps in.

I pose this question for you to ponder over.

Does PCB do its job properly?

• Banned substance is no big deal. In US NFL players test positive and are back on field after 3-4 games. Baseball hall of famers are full of doped athletes. Yasir will play soon. We should stand firm with our star performers.

• @Shirazi

You do not seem to appreciate that dope is not a good thing and if substances are "Banned" it means that you cannot take them. Even the players in NFL should be educated.

"We should stand firm with our star performers."

So, carry on taking drugs star performers, we stand by you.

Is that the message you want to give? Do you not realise that star performers will not remain star performers if they keep taking drugs and we keep welcoming them back?

• "Banned substance is no big deal. In US NFL players test positive and are back on field after 3-4 games. Baseball hall of famers are full of doped athletes. Yasir will play soon. We should stand firm with our star performers."

NFL, PSL, IPL, BPL, MLB, NBA, etc. are all first business then sports. The ethics of those orgs represents the ethics of those businesses. In business of sports these infractions have been trivialized so that business can continue to prosper.

But when a player cheats while playing for a country and country supports the cheat to represent the nation it represents the value and ethics of the country and its countrymen. If country wants to build good ethics and values, these things cannot be trivialized. But alas it is question of our dear country Pakistan, where good ethics and values are not taken seriously in any field, not just sports.

• "But when a player cheats while playing for a country and country supports the cheat to represent the nation it represents the value and ethics of the country and its countrymen."

Bravo Curiousity. Very well said.

Thank you.

• We should stand firm with our star performers.

@Shirazi sahib

We should stand firm with our star performers IF they are treated unfairly but not when they are cheating.

In Olympics, winners lose their medals if they are found guilty of doping. Lance Armstrong lost all his cycling victories after his doping scandal. At the international level, the world takes the substance abuse very seriously but the rules may be a little relaxed for clubs and domestics sports.

Most of our so-called start performers wouldn't be performing at that level if they aren't doping or cheating. I believe in the level playing field for everyone. What's the lesson for other players? If you want to pile up records and make more money, then start cheating.

With due respect, we can't cheat our way to the victory!

:-)

• @Qarar Sahib

Do you think for athletes from developing and developed world field is level playing? Chennai Super Kings and Rajhistan were caught in match fixing not spot fixing and what happened. They temporarily moved teams to different two different cities. Dhoni still got $1.8M, Raina, Jadeja all got what more than what they were making before. Look at US baseball or NFL how serious do they take performance enhancing drugs and they have multi billion $$$ sports industries. Somehow in Pakistan our media and public seems to be more interested in controversies. Aamir, Asif and Salman Butt were punished for spot fixing sting operation. There was no proof of match fixing and it was assumed if they fixed spots they would fix matches too. The news paper that did that sting operation got out of business few months later for their black mailing tactics. Pakistanis should be ashamed for not supporting their stars. Even after 5 years of very harsh penalty Aamir has become cricket's Malala - half of Pakistan rooting against him.

You might have seen this story in news ...

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/12/28/10672336/peyton-manning-steroid-hgh-report-al-jazeera-lawsuit-nfl-news

What will be the impact of this on American sports industry - next to nothing. If Manning is fit he will lead Broncos in playoffs. No two opinions about it.

First we don't protect our stars and then when we lose we start bashing our cricketers.

Salman Butt I can understand but Aamir and Asif were our top bowlers. Pakistan almost never lose because of it's bowling.

• I would wait for investigation, if he used drugs knowingly aiming to enhance performance, he should not have space in dressing room.

we all know on this forum, shirazi Bhai give damn to principles, for him end justifies means hence not shocked reading his arguments.

• @GP bhai

For most part yes end justifies means but there are exceptions always. I never liked Murli as he was very clear chucker. I always preferred Brat Lee over Shoaib Akhter even though later was my hometown boy. I am huge fan of Shane Warne even despite his drugs and bookies chapters.

Those who are looking for high morals in sports may find Paolo Rossi, Italian striker, story interesting. He was involved in match fixing and he didn't deny allegations. He was banned for two years. Italians were not able to score in first round of 82 WC and coach was forced to include him against Brazil. He scored hat rick and Italy ended up wining that WC. We love athletes because of their sporting talent not for peripheral things like their looks, PR, family man or religious leanings. I won't complain as long as they out perform others at the highest level.

• @Shirazi sahib

NFL, Major League Baseball, and other domestic clubs are nothing more than businesses. A club will only make more money or sell more merchandise if the team wins. NFL, NBA or MLB comissioners have very limited powers to enforce discipline. Likes owners of these club teams, fans also want their city to win and, just as yourself, some are willing to turn a blind eye to the substance abuse by their players. More importantly, the players' associations are so powerful that they never let NFL, NBA, Or MLB impose a stricter ban on any player.

On the other hand, PCB is not a corporation or a private business entity motivated just by the profit. The national cricket team represents the country. These 11 players have been selected from a pool of millions and they should play more for honor and less for money.

Shoaib Akhtar was banned for two years for doping but PCB lifted the ban after a month saying that he was a star and the team needed him. Asif was caught twice doing drugs but that didn't throw him out of the team. How many chances are you willing to give to these two-timers? Following their footsteps, a young bowler Abdul Rahman started doping and ended his career before it started.

Its also interesting you are blaming the newspaper for uncovering the spot fixing scandal, even though all players have now admitted that they did it.

The one thing that bothers me personally the most is that none of the crooks have formally apologized to the nation and asked for their forgiveness. A heartfelt apology might have have swayed me or others to forgive them. Butt and Asif to date have not apologized. They only admitted to PCB and requested that the ban be lifted. How can I forgive someone who hasn't admitted the guilt publicly?

• Amir as cricket's Malala?

Well, on one hand we have a courageous young girl who refused to abandon her education desires and stood against Taliban, and on the other hand we have another youngster who sold his honor and his country for a fistful of dollars. That's a heck of a comparison.

For some reason, I don't see a Nobel prize for Amir in the future.

;-)

• "Yet another cheat in Pakistani cricket?"

No surprise!

Who will object if someone says that, "In general, we are a nation of Cheaters"

No offence intended to any one

• @Qarar Sahib

How Aamir taking few grands for bowling couple of no balls sold Pakistan?

And as far as Malala is concerned many in Pakistan believes, not me, she sold Pakistan and honor and dignity for her material comforts and in return provided propaganda face to material to west.

My view is simple. Let's keep integrity, dignity, honor of Pakistan on one side. It remains unchanged by acts of Malala or Aamir. Let's discuss them as individuals. Aamir bowled 2 no balls and got some money for it in a sting operation. Where was the cheating? Who got cheated? There were no bets on those no balls. The whole thing was staged to force out the Pakistan's top performers. Our board and public just played in the hand of conspirators and are still playing.

• We should stand firm with our star performers.

Shirazi sahib

I do respect you to share your pinion and stand by it. It is a rare quality and I for one dont possess it. So kudos to you.

What do you mean by "star" performers? Why only support star performers even if they are involved in some wrongdoings? What about non star performers?

I am of the opinion that until proven guilty star or non star performers or non performers should be supported and fairly treated. Once the guilt is established the treatment should be according to law regardless if one is star or non star.

• "@Qarar Sahib

How Aamir taking few grands for bowling couple of no balls sold Pakistan?"

You will not understand this Shirazi. It takes someone with principles and conscience to fathom it out!!!

• @Shirazi Jee,

"How Aamir taking few grands for bowling couple of no balls sold Pakistan?"

When a player cheats while playing for a country and country supports the cheat to represent the nation, that support really represents the value and ethics of the country and its countrymen. If country wants to build good ethics and values, cheating cannot be trivialized.

But alas, it is question of our dear country Pakistan, where good ethics and values are not taken seriously in any field, not just sports.

So Amir is just following other cheats, including those who have cheated the constitution to rule the country. Thus, in a bigger picture Amir act are just a small spot on the character of Pakistan as a nation.

• @Hyocrite Sahib

We are talking about sports here. The competitive sports industry revolves around stars - the top performers. The industry survives on stars people pay to watch their skill, they bring business. Stars are indispensable - who cares about the non stars their moralities or corruptions. After marrying politics and religion we are tying know of religion and sports. We haven't learned anything from politics and religion experience.

Haan wo nahi khuda parast jao wo be wafa sahi

Jis ko ho deen o dil Aziz uss ki gali mein jai kyun