My God Versus Your God

• I am so happy that my God is more powerful than everyone else's god.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheEconomist/status/681519511980347398

source: Economist

• Godless people versus Godless people!

They might be claiming to belong to religion, but it has not reached their heart. They have built statues in their heart of their own liking and that's what they refer to as their god.

• Another thread of God, the almighty. This is an endless discussion, isn't it? :-)

If we think rationally, there are only a few explanations about the God. First, he doesn't exist, otherwise how would he ever let this injustice or carnage take place.

If he does exist then we can again conjecture two possibilities: one, he gives a sh*t what we say or do. If he is that powerful as some claim, he must have more important things to do than to keep an eye on what g@ys do in their private life or if his subjects rub their noses five times a day or go hungry all day.

Second, if he is the creator then this world is like his lab where he experiments and seeks improvements in his creation. Hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, famines, wars etc. are just different types of lab conditions that God uses to test how his subjects deal with and recuperate. I would argue that this is more like a game for him, which he seems to enjoys very much.

This my God versus your God phrase also gives rise to another hypotheses that there might be multiple Gods. Our earth and other planets are their playing grounds or battlefields where they play or battle. Sometimes one god wins and sometimes some other, but during their duel, they do a lot of damage to this universe. If they created it, they can destroy it too.

• @Qarar Jee,

I am glad to see that you analyse various possibilities.

The situation is more close to the second, with a basic principle of freedom of creation to act as they wish to under various natural or man made conditions. He has given two forms of measures to the creation, one is internal set of rules based on intelligence where man wants justice, etc. and other set of rules through books of revelation, which describes responsibilities towards others.

Life is just an ongoing multiple choice exam where every creation is supposed to use the information available and measure it against the two sets of rules, internal & through book of revelation, and with intellectual honesty attempts to pick correct answer.

Based on what answer is picked, would result into justice or injustice for the humanity. Creator has given the two sets of rules with freedom to act. In a sense, Creator is like a good teacher, wanting all students to pass the multiple choice exam with flying colours.

• @curiousity jee

What's in it for the God himself?

• @Qarar Jee

What's in it for X, is a materialistic question.

Creator does not benefit from our good deeds or lose because of our bad deeds.

He is like a good teacher, who is happy if his students do great in multiple choice exams based on what he has taught students throughout the year.

• No, what I'm asking is what's the end game for God? Why did he go through this long exercise? Fun, hobby, joy in torturing etc.?

• @Qarar Jee,

It is like me asking you, what is at infinity.

There is definitely a purpose, since all creations to the smallest virus / bacteria / cell have a purpose. At this time, the known purpose is to follow the rules given so that the humanity can benefit.

• @curiousity jee,

If you don't know, just admit and say you don't know. You are trying to find a grand scheme that Allah has devised. If you don't have the answer then you can't claim there is a purpose. I can say with an equal conviction that there isn't a purpose, and we both possess no evidence in support of our claims.

Someone asked the prophet about the 'soul'. He said that God will reveal that in good times. Let's not pin everything on God.

• Another thread of God, the almighty. This is an endless discussion, isn't it? :-)

Qarar sahib

Yes another thread but my intention was not to initiate discussion on God but how the name of God is being used to destroy what we have got. All in the name of God. I liked how a cartoon in The Economist communicated the message.

Now some or many may disagree with it and that is fine but in my opinion the cartoon did portray accurately what has happened and is happening all around us.

• @Qarar Jee

"If you don't know, just admit and say you don't know. You are trying to find a grand scheme that Allah has devised.

"

I will try to explain the journey that everyone takes to find purpose of life by comparing to purpose of education.

When you are in young kid in kindergarten, your purpose of learning is to please your parents and to be able to go primary school, in primary school your purpose is to please parents, get some awards and go to secondary school, in secondary school your purpose is again to please parents and to pass exams to enter to best college, in college your purpose is to get best %age so that you can get admission to a professional college and get a good job, in professional college your purpose is to get best grades so that you can work in best place, once you start work you pivot, now you have to continue learning to be best in your field and at that time you realise that purposes you identified at each stage were myopic , real purpose was to learn skill set to learn and communicate. And this journey continues.

Same is the purpose of creation, which we all have yo determine in our journey towards an enventual certainty, death. At various stages of our life, Creator has given both inherent rules and rules specified in Devine revelation. In our journey, as long as we stay within the two sets of rules, we will come closure to the goal of our creation, but like infinity it is a goal extremely difficult to achieve.

In my journey I started with purpose being just to pray and obey laws, in my current stage of life I have determined that purpose of creation is much more than ritual acts but I have question myself how my creation can benefit humanity / other creations and how to be voice against injustice. It's my responsibility to bring it to action and continue my journey of curiousity within the confines of set of rules.

""If you don't have the answer then you can't claim there is a purpose. I can say with an equal conviction that there isn't a purpose, and we both possess no evidence in support of our claims."

For any creation of nature, can you show evidence that there is no purpose for that? At one time scientists used to wonder about tonsils and considered without purpose, now they know better.

The rule of nature is that every creation is for a purpose, thus my claim has a stronger standing than yours!