Healthcare for what

• http://www.dawn.com/news/1229829/underprivileged-to-get-free-treatment-at-private-hospitals-as-govt-launches-health-insurance

Programme is for limited no of people 63000 with annual expense ceiling of 300,000. And diseases common in Pakistan include cardiovascular, diabetes etc.

Scheme is prone to fraud both political & administrative right from the beginning due to limited size and private participation.

Then Primary care should be focus not chronic diseases. It

is basically the failure of basic or primary care that lead to

chronic diseases.

And right now with level of technology and medical expertise in Pakistan, a Basic Care Plan consisting of few annual visits to a local doctor and few basic tests can easily be implemented. Itcan be done for large section of populace for not much cost compared to costs associated with chronic diseases.

For benefits of primary care vs chronic Care they can look at cuba. Cubans have longer lifes compared to Americans b/c in cuba

emphasis is on primary care and that too for fraction of medical

costs in America.

Might be some medical professionals here can give better perspectives.

• Some positive steps must be appreciated.

Everything cannot be given to everyone, anywhere.

• I agree this is a good step. Kudos to PML(N) government and Nawaz Sharif.

• It is limited to like 60000, it is more likely

to be used as political tool like BISP, PEELI Taxi etc than giving relief to deserving and it is also be open to exploitation by admistration too.

Seconedly why not prevent diseases than treat them afterwards.

Primary care is the basic tool in advanced healthcare system where chronic diseases are detected first.

In pakistan diseases like diabetes, hepatitus are alarmingly high

even now in younger population basically b/c of lack of information. Access to primary care is going to better their awareness about healthcare issues generally but also avoid the crippling effects they have later on families.

Just a basic metabolic Panel test once a year can reveal many of

these diseases before they mature and possibly prevented. I dont

think basic physical check up once a yr should cost that much to govt. In Cuba it is compulsory and many other countries it is either by employers or governments.

General sense of personal well being goes long way in connecting

people to governments they are governed by and healthcare might

be basic connection in this regard.

• Seconedly why not prevent diseases than treat them afterwards.

Great point @Zufi. Read an article in an Australian newspaper today which further supported my long held blief.

[

It's the scourge that's far more deadly than car crashes and that we consume daily, often unnoticed.](http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/the-hidden-killer--youre-eating-it-20151222-gltbmk.html)

Who am I? I kill more Victorians through chronic disease than anything but cigarettes. I am six times more deadly than car accidents and I am consumed mostly without realising.

Salt.

While many of us love a bucket of salt garnished with chips, we need to urgently kick the habit because it's killing us.

High blood pressure (hypertension) is the second leading preventable risk factor for chronic disease in Victoria, after tobacco, and the majority of this is attributable to excessive sodium (salt) intake.

• Prevention is better than cure but for have nots making lesser than Rs. 6000 every month this is very good initiative. Let's hope this program lived to expectations unlike yellow cab or laptop scheme. Sharif Administration is spending in infrastructure, energy and now little bit on healthcare. They have done a lot to improve law and order situation. Like their Turkish counterparts they are on course to win again in 2018 as long as they can overcome the challenge of Raheel Sharif's retirement.