وہائٹ ہاؤس کی "باحجاب" مسلمان اہل کار

• افشاں – ڈيجيٹل آؤٹ ريچ ٹيم – يو ايس اسٹيٹ ڈيپارٹمينٹ

وہائٹ ہاؤس کی "باحجاب" مسلمان اہل کار

http://urdu.alarabiya.net/ur/international/2016/03/08/-وہائٹ-ہاؤس-کی-باحجاب-مسلمان-اہل-کار-رومانا-احمد.html

افشاں – ڈيجيٹل آؤٹ ريچ ٹيم – يو ايس اسٹيٹ ڈيپارٹمينٹ

digitaloutreach@state.gov

www.state.gov

https://twitter.com/USDOSDOT_Urdu

http://www.facebook.com/USDOTUrdu

• @Afshan jee

There is no need to parade a hijjabi woman who is working at the White House. Not only, it's tasteless and classless, it could be insulting to lots of women around the world to whom Hijaab is a symbol of male dominance, abuse, maltreatment and oppression. Hijjab is something that is forced on women by men from an early age (as early as 2 years) in some cultures.

Can you imagine flying a confederate flag on the grounds of the White House? To many people of the deep south, the flag represents their history and heritage, but the fact is whatever the original flag history was, today, it symbolized slavery.

Same is true for hijjab. Even if it's an acceptable cultural phenomenon in some places, the world recognizes it as a sign of suppressing women's rights.

When are liberals going to stand up for their values?

• @Qarar Jee,

" Even if it's an acceptable cultural phenomenon in some places, the world recognizes it as a sign of suppressing women's rights."

Can you back it up with a survey of Muslim women (both with & without).

If you can't, stop being a spokesperson for Muslim women!

Your statement is actually suppressing Muslim women!

• منافقت میں دیسی قوم کا کوئی ثانی نہیں۔

مثال کے طور پر ایک دیسی لبڑل شاہ کی وفاداری میں حجاب پر جتنی مرضی مرثیہ خوانی کر لے لیکن اپنی بیوی کو بکینی پہننے کی اجازت ہرگز نہیں دے گا۔

• السلام علیکم

سلیمان ڈار بھائی نے تو دیسی لبرل ازم دہریہ ازم کے منافق اور مکروہ چہرے پہ زوردار تھپڑ مارا ہے

• @Dar Sahib

What do you mean will not grant permission? We don't own our spouses, they are not our slaves. They are adults and deserve to be treated like adult with every right to make their own decisions. When my wife doesn't like what I am wearing she expresses her opinion but it's up to me if I take that into account or not. I don't recall I ever gave my opinion beyond she should go for desi outfit or western. But I concede she herself is not able break certain cultural bonds that she grew up with. It will be very unfair to blame me for that.

I couldn't agree more with Qarar Sahib Hijab is a symbol of women suppression. There are women who like to be suppressed it's hard to help them. But there are many who are forced to do that under pressure from husband, father or brother that ought to be challenged.

• ایک گرین کارڈ ہولڈر دیسی لبڑل سے میں نے پوچھا کہ یار تم نے کسی گوری سے شادی کیوں نہیں کی؟ تمہارے خیالات تو ان سے بڑے ملتے جلتے ہیں پھر تم نے دیسی بیوی کیوں کر لی؟

دیسی لبڑل بے ساختہ بولا: یار یہ گوریاں سارا دن بیچ پر ننگی لیٹی رہتی یہں جو مجھے بالکل پسند نہیں۔

میں نے بڑی حیرانگی سے پوچھا کہ یار تم تو بڑے لبڑل بنے پھرتے ہو پھر یہ دقیانوسی خیالات؟؟

کہنے لگا لبڑل ہوں بے غیرت نہیں ہوں۔۔۔

• Actually it was the other way round - he was bay gharut not liberal.

As an adult both man and woman has every right to dress up or down the way they feel appropriate and respectful. Dressing is the personal issue and even spouse can't impose his or her will on the other. If my wife starts going to one extreme or the other it's her call, I can express my reservations but have no right to force her one way or the other.

I reckon men like to involve more in physical activity sports war whatever due to their physical traits. Women again due to their physical traits like to dress up and look better. Both should enjoy the freedom to live as they feel like, no one should impose their will on others.

• ارے بھائی تو کیوں جذباتی ہو کر بن مانگے صفائیاں دینے پر اتر آیا ہے۔ میں تو اپنے لبڑل دیسی بھائیوں کی اوقات بتانا چاہ رہا تھا۔

شاہ سے بڑھ کر شاہ کے یہ وفادار دوسروں کے حجاب اتروانے کے تو بڑے شوقین نظر آتے ہیں پر جب بات اپنے گھر تک پہنچتی ہے تو میسنہ سا منہ بنا کر کہ دیتے ہیں کہ میری بیوی تو بیکینی پہننا پسند ہی نہیں کرتی اس لیے میں نے کبھی اصرار ہی نہیں کیا۔

واہ ری منافقت۔۔۔

ارے بھائی نہیں پہننا پسند کرتی تو اب اسکا موڈ بنا لے۔ ویسے بھی بیکینی تو عورت کی آزادی کی علامت ہے۔ اگر تیری اپنی بیوی ہی بیکینی نہیں پہنے گی تو تیری آزاد خیالی کا کیا بنے گا؟ پہلے تو اپنے گھر میں تو لبڑلڑم کی تبلیغ کر لے پھر دوسری عورتوں کے لباس کی فکر کرنا۔

• Everyone has right to wear what they want :) ... So Let anyone wear Bikini if they want to .. Similarly if any woman wants to wear Hijab ... Let her wear it ...

If a woman is naked because man wants them to show skin against her own will , it is oppression ..but if a woman wears bikini on her own will it is not ..

Similarly ,if a woman is forced to wear hijab , it is wrong , but if a woman wants to wear Hijab on her own will .. Why not ...

For me acceptance is key in Liberalism .

• فنڈوؤں کا سب سے بڑا مسئلہ یہ ہے کہ انہیں بکینی یا مکمل ننگ پن اور جامعہ حفضہ والے برقعوں کے درمیان کوئی لباس نظر نہیں آتا ....بکینی کا ایک مقصد ہے اور یہ سوئمنگ پول اور بیچ پر پہنے جانے والا ایک مختصر لباس ہے ....لیکن ایک فنڈو کی ذہنی غلاظت کا کیا کیا جائے جسے دفتر میں کام کرنے اور بازاروں میں پھرنے والی ہر مغربی عورت کا لباس ایک بکینی کے طور پر نظر آتا ہے ....سوئمنگ پول پر اگر مرد اور عورت بکینی اور"کچھے" نہیں پہنیں گے تو کیا برقعے اور شلوار قمیض میں تیراکی کریں گے؟ ....ہر لباس کا ایک مقصد ہے ....امریکا کے برفانی علاقوں میں جہاں سال میں آٹھ مہینے بہت ٹھنڈ پڑتی ہے وہاں کون سی عورت بکینی کا سوچ بھی سکتی ہے

پاکستان یا مڈل ایسٹ سے آنے والے کافی منافقوں اور بیغیرتوں کا یہ مسئلہ بھی ہے کہ وہ رنگ رلیاں تو گوریوں کے ساتھ منانا چاہتے ہیں مگر جب بات شادی پر آتی ہے تو انہیں اسلام یا اپنی ثقافت یاد آجاتی ہے ...مقصد عورت کو غلام بنانا ہوتا ہے ....پرانے زمانے کی لونڈی بنانے کی عادت اور رسم کہاں ختم ہو سکتی ہے

• "Dressing is the personal issue and even spouse can't impose his or her will on the other. "

If dress is purely personal issue, then why we are not allowed to go out in out in our birthday suit?

• So, you can communicate in English. Bravo!