Coalition Support Fund - Pakistan

• We often receive comments from forum members who ask why the U.S. is not helping alleviate some of the financial burden placed on the Pakistani military due to their operations against the militants. As some of you might be aware, the Coalition Support Fund program, which began in 2002, was designed to support and financially reimburse our allies for their participation in the U.S. military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Pakistan, for its continued support to our mission in Afghanistan, and aiding in the overall goal of stability in the region has been the largest recipient of the funds under this program. It is true that our Mil-to-Mil relations have been through a few challenges but we have successfully overcome them.

In the last fiscal quarter of 2015, out of the 1.6Billion in Coalition Support Funds, Pakistan received the largest share, $712million. Even, in the newly approved 2016 Coalition Support Fund Bill, a large portion of the Fund is projected for Pakistan.

Haroon Ahmad

DET - U.S. Central Command

• We would prefer if the US left us alone and did not interfere in our affairs.

incidentally, how much of the money will be spent on the equipment and the services exported buy the US? If you do not come back with the answer, then absent yourself for ever....PLEASE.

• We would prefer if the US left us alone and did not interfere in our affairs.

incidentally, how much of the money will be spent on the equipment and the services exported buy the US? If you do not come back with the answer, then absent yourself for ever....PLEASE.

• And i would prefer 1.6Billion spend on American people.

@Anjaan

you people owe me some money!!!

• "We would prefer if the US left us alone and did not interfere in our affairs."

Shouldn't Pakistanis be asking question to their political leaders and military establishment to stop asking money / funds / loans / etc. from all countries / IMF / World Bank for political leaders / military establishment toy projects and military toys?

Also, shouldn't Pakistanis elite, rich and middle class decide to do with less so that we are not obliged to do more for external forces.

• @Curiosity

"Also, shouldn't Pakistanis elite, rich and middle class decide to do with less so that we are not obliged to do more for external forces."

Yes, indeed.

"Shouldn't Pakistanis be asking question to their political leaders and military establishment to stop asking money / funds / loans / etc. from all countries / IMF / World Bank for political leaders / military establishment toy projects and military toys?"

If you understood world economics, you would appreciate that in this age even the economically prosperous countries borrow from the world bank and other countries. It is a normal economic activity. However, it is admitted that Pakistan does not use the borrowed money in a productive way.

You also need to keep in mind the question I asked of Centcom

"incidentally, how much of the money will be spent on the equipment and the services exported buy the US?"

I despise this Propaganda machine which comes here and posts these comments as if US is doing a favour to Pakistan. NO, this is done to help its own failing industry and economy and also gain political mileage.

I await the return of Centcom with the answer to my question.

• @Curiosity

"Also, shouldn't Pakistanis elite, rich and middle class decide to do with less so that we are not obliged to do more for external forces."

Yes, indeed.

"Shouldn't Pakistanis be asking question to their political leaders and military establishment to stop asking money / funds / loans / etc. from all countries / IMF / World Bank for political leaders / military establishment toy projects and military toys?"

If you understood world economics, you would appreciate that in this age even the economically prosperous countries borrow from the world bank and other countries. It is a normal economic activity. However, it is admitted that Pakistan does not use the borrowed money in a productive way.

You also need to keep in mind the question I asked of Centcom

"incidentally, how much of the money will be spent on the equipment and the services exported buy the US?"

I despise this Propaganda machine which comes here and posts these comments as if US is doing a favour to Pakistan. NO, this is done to help its own failing industry and economy and also gain political mileage.

I await the return of Centcom with the answer to my question.

• @Anjaan

you people owe me some money!!!

@expakistani

The question should be posed at the US Government. Ask them why do they give such a large amount to a poor country like Pakistan. If they provide an honest answer you will be an enlightened person!!

• Haroon,

What about the $100 billion that we lost due to your war of terror?

When are you people going to reimburse that amount?

• Haroon will not return for ever!!!

• If you understood world economics, you would appreciate that in this age even the economically prosperous countries borrow from the world bank and other countries. It is a normal economic activity. However, it is admitted that Pakistan does not use the borrowed money in a productive way.

Capitalism is based on "greed" of human beings, while Islam denounces those who who have greed of anything materialistic. Based on above truism, capitalistic government / corporations will exploit the greed of those with less, both government & people, to fool them in thinking that what they are receiving is worth what they are giving up. In their greed, countries / people give their freedom, future, etc. while they receive fools gold. Question remains to all Muslims at all levels, why we let greed overcome our intelligence allowing ourselves to be exploited. Isn't it against basic principle of Islam? Note, exploiters will always exploit and it is responsibility of others to use intelligence not to be exploited. Isn't it greed on the part of Pakistani government and military establishment that they use the resources of country to spend on "toy" projects and "toy" weapons rather than education and health for the citizens of Pakistan.