Lt. Gen. Qamar Javed Bajwa new C-n-C

• Lt. Qamar Javed Bajwa has been nominated as new Army Chief by the Federal government. Lt. Gen. Zubair Hayat has been assigned as new Chairman Joint Chief of Staff Committee.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1298802/lt-gen-qamar-javed-bajwa-chosen-as-new-army-chief

• In social media, there is some buzz about Gen Bajwa being a Qadiani. I didn't pay attention to this until I came across a video statement from Senator Prof. Sajid Mir where he seems to be warning the prime minister not to appoint someone whose family is associated with the Qadiani sect. Sajid Mir didn't mention any name but it's not difficult to make a connection keeping in mind what else is being discussed in the social media.

I don't know if the story is true or not . It might just be a rumor but none the less this is a sad story in itself that a professional soldier is being discredited in this way by a few.

All citizens of Pakistan regardless of their religious affiliations have equal rights.

• @Qarar sahib
    I have also read the same. I pray this issue, true or false, does not make an impact on the norms of Pakistan's affairs. Lest it would translate into disastrous effects.