A likely twist in the tail - Panama Leaks case

• While PTI quarters and supporters are happy on Panama Leak case progress of hearing before the Supreme Court of Pakistan, the royal Qatar family that includes Prince Al-Thani. The latter’s letter submitted as evidence in the case, is pivotal evidence from Nawaz Sharif and his children. I think, the presence of the Prince is not just a cordial visit. It is very much likely, more evidence is in the pipeline and perhaps Prince might be called to affirm and give the money transfer details in the case,
    specially so, when Hussain Nawaz received the Royal family at Lahore airport.

“LAHORE: Qatari Prince Hamad Bin Jassim bin Jaber Al-Thani along with members of the royal family arrived here on Saturday.
    Hasan Nawaz, son of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, received the guests at the Lahore airport and took them to the Sharifs’ Jati Umra residence at Raiwind where the premier hosted a luncheon for them.
    The arrival of the Qatari prince is being seen in the context of a letter he submitted to the Supreme Court here in the Panama leaks case.
    Al-Thani had stated in the letter that his father had longstanding business relations with Mian Mohammad Sharif, the father of PM Sharif, which were coordinated through the prince’s eldest brother.
    Meanwhile, Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif has left for Turkey to meet the Turkish president.
    Published in Dawn, December 4th, 2016

• Imtiaz sahib,
    The testimony by the price would not be complete without a money trail showing that the same money transferred from the Miiddle East was used to buy properties in London. My personal opinion is that such money trail doesn't exist.

• I do endorse your factual analysis Qarar sahib. Without Prince's personal testimony in the court with production of certified copies of payment instruments as to how that trail ends up purchase of London flats, the mere letter has no legal value. I am not sure, but I have a hunch, the defendants side has something up their sleeves. Just a hunch.

• @imtiazahmed I was watching a pest control website www.pestokill.ca and a very interesting habit I read that in case of ants specially Pharaoh ants you can find their colony by trail. If Mr Nawaz Sharif have the trail why he waisted eight months and got a big political loss. Any false evidence like Qatre letter will damage his position more. Mubashir from Toronto

• @rubina99

To some extent I agree with you. Sharif's trail based on Qatari Prince's letter looks dubious, on the other hand, the petitioners (PTI et al) have no evidence at hand to prove the money was sent from Pakistan. It is a win win position for both. Courts' judgments are not given on logical conclusions. In the absence of proof beyond reasonable doubt the benefit goes in favor of the accused. I am afraid this will happen this time as well.