35 Drone Attacks on Pakistan & > 350 Dead!

• http://www.jang.com.pk/jang/mar2009-daily/26-03-2009/up13.gif

Over 350 pakistani civilians dead by these Drone attacks so far and more are planned and what does our govt do?

http://www.jang.com.pk/jang/mar2009-daily/26-03-2009/up72.gif

SHAME ON PAKISTANI GOVT AND EACH AND EVERY PAKISTANI POLITICAL LEADER AND WORKER AND ALSO HUMAN RIGHTS WATCHDOG FOR NOT RAISING THEIR VOICE AGAINST THESE ATTACKS!

• yes! united states is attacking,

but, what pakistani govt is doing ???

pakistani govt is only saying:

"please do not attack, it is making situation bad."

is it enough ???

i ask you a simple question:

please tell that, is there any comprehensive alternate plan or strategy to address the problem, has ever been prepared by pakistani govt and submitted to united nations ???

any alternate plan???

that could not only satisfy american complaints but also safegaurd own people ???

is there any plan prepared and submitted by pakistani govt officials? they do nothing but enjoy in palces. thats the only job they can do.

do you believe that the one sentence:"please do not attack, it is making situation bad." can solve all problems ???

No! pakistani elites, bureaucrats and rulers are not only cheating pakistanis but they are cheating with united states too.

if, there is a convincing plan and strategy that can satisfy all, then various pakistani problems will resolve.

but, the problem is, pakistani govt does not want it.

no body knows why.

in that case perhaps, the 'aid' will stop,

and pakistani govt's view is: "aid should not stop or decrease", no matter how many dies.

this is the problem.

• If the teacher be corrupt, the world will be corrupt. Persians say.

“Money taken, freedom forsaken”. Germans say

If there is beauty in character, there will be harmony in the home. If there is harmony in the home, there will be order in the nation. If there is order in the nation, there will be peace in the world. . Chinese say.

It is organized violence on top which creates individual violence at the bottom. Emma Goldman

Freedom has a thousand charms to show That slaves, howe'er contented, never know. William Cowper

Society is like a large piece of frozen water; and skating well is the great art of social life. Charles Lamb

“Rulers have no authority from God to do mischief” Jonathan Mayhew

“The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.” Niccolo Machiavelli

“For citizens who think themselves puppets in the hands of their rulers, nothing is more satisfying than having rulers as puppets in their hands.” Pico Iyer

“Democracy is when the indigent, and not the men of property, are the rulers.” Aristotle

“The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the first and only legitimate object of good government.” Thomas Jefferson

“Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it,” Thomas Jefferson

• Ahhh the pain is plenty remedy nowhere tobe found.To see my fellow pakistanis being slaughtered by the COWARD american army, and the socalled PAK army giving us excuses??..

How do these criminal traitor sleep at night??No honor no integrity in our puppet leaders is understanable,but where is the pakistani public outrage??.

Dignity, respect and honor have the same culture and the same religion. My fellow Pakistanis If it is not time today, right now to make a U-turn, our children will confront death before they experience life.

Muslim nations will not be able to unite and build one unified force to defend their borders, honors and integrities since they still agree to disagree. The alternative is, of course, Each Muslim country needs to build a good enough defensive army to protect its borders and citizens. Power is the only viable deterrent against aggressions and invasions. The world is pretty sad today. Weapons of mass destruction are in the hands of aggressors who only target weaker and poorer countries.

U.S. and UK the sub-contractor for US, along with their accomplices must quickly realize that they have no chance to bring Pakistanis and Muslims to their knees, except during prayer.

Pakistani agent rulers in Pakistan who cannot dissect their love affair with U.S. are free to join the American camp and ally with India, but leave Pakistani lands and denounce their Pakistani or Muslim identity.Traitors have no shame they sold paksitanis for 5000 us dollars??Ahh the pain of looking at one year old muslim girl severed head lying on the ground with brain leaking is beyond Pain...who is going to avenge her honor??Any one??

Traitors trade their countries for money; sell the bodies of their mothers, sisters and daughters.Sura IV, The Women, Verse 179 from the Holy Qura’n defines victory in the most eloquent way:

God will not leave The beleivers in the state in which ye are now,Until He seperates what is evil from What is good.

Nor will he discloses to you the secrets of the unseen,But he choses of his Apostles (for the purpose)Whom he pleases.So Believe in God And his Apostles;And if ye believe And do right, ye have reward without measure.

Saddagha ALLAH ALMIGHT

• Little history for the american lover elite of Pakistan..

Remember AGU GHAREEB PAKISTANIS??

Seymour Hersh : The US government has videotapes of boys being sodomized at Abu Ghraib prison.

"The worst is the soundtrack of the boys shrieking," the reporter told an ACLU convention last week. Hersh says there was "a massive amount of criminal wrongdoing that was covered up at the highest command out there, and higher."

Some of the worst things that happened that you don’t know about. OK? Videos. There are women there. Some of you may have read that they were passing letters out, communications out to their men. This is at [Abu Ghraib], which is about 30 miles from Baghdad — 30 kilometers, maybe, just 20 miles, I'm not sure whether it's — anyway. The women were passing messages out saying please come and kill me because of what’s happened. And basically what happened is that those women who were arrested with young boys, children, in cases that have been [video] recorded, the boys were sodomized, with the cameras rolling, and the worst above all of them is the soundtrack of the boys shrieking. That your government has, and they’re in total terror it’s going to come out. It’s impossible to say to yourself, how did we get there, who are we, who are these people that sent us there.

• Govt is least bothered about Drones .

it is the matter of Us Govt and ppl of Pakistan.

it seems like Govt has taken him out of this problem.

• I fully endorsed drone attacks if they are targeting alqaeda and its allies(Taliban) but i have reservation about killing of innocent people.we should do every thing to minimise colateral damage while targeting terrorists.

They are helping us by killing our enemies and even paying money for this work. :D

• give a bad name to any1 and kill him. wat a great piece of work::)

• @Ijay,

Your endorsement of Drone attacks doesn’t surprise me. This is coming from a person who is from the region Punjab who historically always gave way to British Imperialists and Sikh’s from India to attack Afghanistan (Pakhtoons)

It was a Gen Zia supported by Punjab predominantly who gave Pakhtoons (Later called Talibaan) training, arms and ammunition and then the “Brave” Pakistani nation were behind that “JIHAD” too. But when the time came after 9/11, one threat from US was enough for Mr. Musshraf to shit his pants and disown them with pulling the plug on all support. Once “Mujahedeen” for every Pakistani and Muslims all over the world, all of a sudden become “Terrorist Talibaan”

When speaking of the Taliban, and regarding them as brothers by Pakhtoons……..while this may be true relevant to Afghan Taliban movement……… it is certainly NOT the case with Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan. This organization, headed by former Al-Qaida combat cell commander Baitullah Mehsud is a “creation” of Al-Qaida strategists, and designed to place a Pakistani face on a foreign inspired ideology!

The Pakhtoon of FATA knows this!!!!!!!!!!

Hence the resentment and efforts of these tribes directed AGAINST Al-Qaida and its domestic TTP stooges! If the resistance against AQ and TTP is as suggested by some people in media is fraud, then why…….. Pray tell ….. Are they (terrorists) so interested in killing tribal leaders and elders???????

They have murdered over 140 of them since the first Jirga organized by Musshraf!!!!!!!!

The Pakistani, Afghan and NATO representatives have been busy bribing tribal leaders to hold meaningless “jirgas” with a view to turning the Pashtun against the Taliban . . . without any success. The Saudis held meetings with Taliban and Al-Qaeda representatives, also, without success.

Inept and incompetent application of military power has failed to subdue a militia movement - Al-Qaeda, has undermined a new administration in Islamabad, failed to secure another in Kabul, alienated tribes on both sides of the Durand Line and is fast developing into a situation that could spell the collapse of a nuclear-tipped nation. Washington will soon see the exit of a “goof-ball” President, but, it needs to ensure that his policies go with him!

FATA belongs to the Pakhtoons and it’s more than apparent that Pakhtoons want these guys out of FATA, but like a “tick on a dog”.Al-Qaida has “dug in” after duping the good people of FATA into believing that they were there to help them (Pakhtoons) when in reality, and as tribal leaders are discovering, they (Al-Qaida and it’s domestic surrogates) are there ONLY TO HELP THEMSELVE’S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al Qaida is not made up of Pukhtoons but pre dominantly Arabs which also include Punjabis,Baluchs,Kahmiris,Pukhtoons and from abroad like india,turkey,jorda,yemen,KSA etc.. And because there are so many nationalities and people involve so lets start Drone attacks on other parts of Pakistan too. I would suggest “PUN JAB” and we will “Try” our best to avoid any “Collateral” damage.. If any innocent “Ijay” or his family member died in the process, I would personally announce Rs 50000 to his family. (I believe this is the Govt Price of a Pakistani)

If you don’t like the sound of my reply then I would suggest that you have to re-think and condemn Drone attacks (By a foreign Military Personnel which in any international book would be called aggression and an attack!)

I have taken up the sword to defend the pride of the Afghan; I am Khushal Khattak, the honourable man of the age.”

The Right Answer to fool is Silence! Let Our Pakhtoonwali talk as they only know that Lingo

• PUKHTOON ...PUKHTOON... HOW MANY PUKHTOON KILLED DURING INDEPENDENCE OF PAKISTAN...? You people always go against pakistan you never want pakistan..thats why you never spare any opportunity to weak pakistan so it will collapse you would have your own homeland pukhtoonkhuwa..this is your loyality to pakistan..this your love for pakistan since 1947

• KHAN SAHIB

ITS PAKISTAN WHO IS PROTECTING YOU FROM USA OTHERWISE HE WOULD NUKE YOUR PUKHTOONKHUWA AFTER 9/11 AS THEY NUKED HEROSHEMA AND NAGASAKI..

• IJAY... I Know I stepped on your "tail" by narrating some history to u.

You want me to explain to you why Pakhtoon support Afghhan War and why they are so bittered.. Then Read the Indo Pak history first.

Pakhtoons were divided by British by creating this so called famous durand line which was never accepted by any pukhtoon. You can't divide a nation who share faith,language,culture,traditions for Hunndreds of years (Not just 62 years of existance like Pakistan)

And then when Pukhtoons decided to join pakistan,then people like you (mainly from punjab) started questioning their loyalty!!!

Who fought the first War for Pakistan???

Sindhis? NO!

Muhajirs? NO

Punjabis? NO

Pakhtoons? YES!!! Pakhtoons were the only people who fought the first war for Pakistan in Kashmir from 1947 to 1948.

I quote “Before and after the withdrawal of the British from India in 1947, the princely state of Kashmir and Jammu came under pressure from both India and Pakistan to agree to accede to one of the newly independent countries. According to the instruments of accession relating to the Partition of India, the rulers of princely states were to be given the choice of acceding to either India or Pakistan. The Maharaja of Kashmir, Hari Singh, however, wanted to remain an independent principality and tried to avoid accession to either country. When British forces withdrew, the state was invaded by combined forces including Pashtun tribals from the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) and regular Pakistani soldiers”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Kashmir_War

“Pashtuns played a vital role during the Great Game as they were caught between the imperialist designs of the British and Russian empires. For over 250 years, they reigned as the dominant ethnic group in Afghanistan. More recently, the Pashtuns gained worldwide attention after the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979 and with the rise and fall of the Taliban, since they are the main ethnic contingent in the movement. Pashtuns are also an important community in Pakistan, where they are prominently represented in the military and are the second-largest ethnic group.[15]”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pashtun

After independence

During the early 20th century the so-called Red Shirts led by Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan agitated through non-violence for the rights of Pakhtun areas. Following independence, the NWFP voted to join Pakistan in a referendum in 1947. However, Afghanistan's loya jirga of 1949 declared the Durand Line invalid, which led to border tensions with Pakistan.

During the 1950s, Afghanistan supported a secessionist movement that failed to gain substantial support amongst the tribes of the NWFP. After President Ayub Khan eliminated Pakistan's provinces, President Yahya Khan, in 1969, abolished this "one unit" scheme and added Swat, Dir, Chitral and Kohistan to the new borders.

The Pashtunistan issue kept Pakistan and Afghanistan at odds for decades until the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan in 1979. Following the invasion over five million Afghan refugees poured into Pakistan, most residing in the NWFP (as of 2007 nearly 3 million remain).

During the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, the NWFP served as a major base for supplying the Mujahideen who fought the Soviets during the 1980s.

The NWFP remained heavily influenced by events in Afghanistan and the civil war led to the rise of the Taliban, which had emerged in the border region between Afghanistan and Pakistan as a formidable political force that nearly took-over all of Afghanistan. Following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, the NWFP became a frontline region again as part of the global War on Terror.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North-West_Frontier_Province

I think this should shut u up!

• lol@Ajay...

You are really quite immature in your analysis! Its pakhtoons who protected Pakistan from Russian invasion whil you guys were "Farting" in your houses... lol

Read History Son! Pukhtoon were never been ruled by any outsider while punjab has been ruled by pretty much every one.. talk abt balls! lol

And right now 70% of Afghanistan is under Taaliban rule. Karzai cant even come out of his presidential palace and poor american usually come out of their bases, carry out their operations and then go back to their bases. Their bases are protected bt Afghan army! Wat an Irony!

• KHAN SAHIB...

GENERAL AND AKHTHER ABDUR REHMAN WERE PUKHTOON I DIDNT KNOW THIS... ONLY PUKHTOONS DEFEATED USSR..ANOTHER JOKE...AS I SAID IF NUCLEAR PAKISTAN IS NOT STANDING INFRONT OF USA ..USA WAS SO PISSED OFF THAT THEY WOULD NUKE AFGHANISTAN AS THEY DID AFTER PEARL HARBOUR ATTACK BY JAPAN

I am not anti pakhtoons but i am against all those elements belongs to punjab ,sidh ,balouch or pakhtoon if they are working to disintegrate pakistan...

In my own opinion if quaid azam changed all 5 provinces name it would made pakistan more stronger but unfortunately it was not realized at that time and we paid this price on 1971 and still followers of bangladeshi agenda are trying to repeat it but this nation will remain united as one..we are pakistani first... MY Family sacrificed 150 members during independence of this nation LIKE millions who laid down their lives..we paid heavy price for this country and we will never betray our homeland...PAKISTAN FIRST!

we will always fight against those who wants pukhttonkhuwa,greater punjab,sindhu desh and bultistan

• Did I claimed that Akhtar abdul rehman was Pukhtoon?

And do u think that Akhter Abdul rehaman alone defeated russians?? lol.. Wat a joke! He was the part of those ISI group who supported Jihad//

Akhtar Abdur Rahman was commissioned in the then Indian Army on 16 February, 1947. [1] He was later made GOC of the 12th Infantry Division. It was from this position that the general was promoted to head the Pakistani premier intelligence agency Inter-Services Intelligence.[2]

On promotion to the rank of General, he was appointed Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, succeeding Pakistani General Rahimuddin Khan. Akhtar's own successor as Director General ISI was Lieutenant General Hamid Gul.

He died in a mysterious plane crash that also killed then President Zia-ul-Haq and many other top generals heading the Soviet War in Afghanistan, along with an American ambassador to Pakistan.

Akhtar's son, Humayun Akhtar Khan, was the Minister of Commerce in the government headed by Pervez Musharraf till February, 2008. Akhtar is projected as one of the most successful generals and as hero by the military establishment in Pakistan.

He not only saved the world from Soviets but also made a few billion dollars along the way. Humayun Akhtar Khan is one of the richest people in Pakistan. The jihadis that he has made out of simple people of Pakistan are going to haunt Pakistan, America and the rest of the world in the years to come He along with then President General Zia-ul-Haq are responsible for the mess Pakistan is in today

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhtar_Abdur_Rahman

War is fought in battlefield and not in Army Headquater! You may have sacrificed 150 members for creation of Pakistan but remember, People have sacrificed every member of their families whom u call MUHAJIRS and not pakistanis... Remember Biharis in Bangladeshi Camps after 1971 which your Brave govt refused to bring them over!

Don't talk to me about Sacrifices cuz when u look down upon others sacrifices then others have the rite to ignore yours..

• For rev...

Topics which are really imp and need to be discussed dies like this cuz people want to talk about anything but the real issue

• Real issue is the killing of people. whether done by drones or taliban. both are same.

• if we don't want drone attacks we should allow ground assualt by special forces so less innocent will be killed what you all say.. can we afford this option or not?

• Ground assaults Ijay?

(It makes me laugh; I think you are posting nonsense intentionally so people like me can RESPOND.... lol)

Whose special forces Ijay? Can you read the words GROUND ASSAULT again. Think about it.

You think LESS innocents will be killed by being assaulted from the ground by US or Pak Special forces rather than being assaulted from the air by drones?

• Ground Assault??? LOL

What is Pakistani foaj kay jawan doing for past 2/3 years? Andey day rehain hain kaya? oh, sorry.. they been captured and then ransom demanded by these Talibaans... These talibaans have "Khoodkush Bombers" and we have "Khood hatyar daal" Faug (Obviously jub 90000 hatyaar daal saktey hain tou yeah 2ooo yaa 4000 kaya ukhar lain gey? hatyar hee dalain hay na yaa aap in say "Ludee" dalwana chahtey hain

lol

Looks like your connection to Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.