What is one thing common in Pakistanis which could unite them??

• Nations are united on the basis of culture, language, colour, food etc.

Please tell me according to your understanding that what is the uniting factor in pakistani nation which is composed of punjabi, pathan, balochi, sindhi, birohi, kashmiri, seraiki etc.

Because this is the thing which we need to make strong to keep them united and this is the thing which will be more under attack by the enimies of this country. Please give your understanding without hi-jacking the subject.

• religions.

• It is a grave misconception that Pakistan is composed of Punjabis, Pathans, Balochis, Sindhis etc. Pakistan was not created as a union of different ethnicities. All these ethnicities are not definite distinct entities. Even the present provinces in Pakistan are adminsitrative units not separate ethnic units.

Culture or language are not enough to unite a country. If that were true then german speaking people would not have been divided among Germans, Austrians and Swiss.

Pakistan was created by the people of Pakistan to realize their common aspiration. Their vision was a country where edicts of Islam govern every aspect of life. The quest for realization of this vision is the cement that unite sthis nation.

• Religion is the dividing not uniting factor.

• ISLAM.. one word answer

Javedsheikh

If you hate islam so much why don't become george or david

atleast we would treat you as non muslim

because all your statement are not constructive but distructive and insult to islam

You know nothing about pakistan what was the reason behind its creation and you called yourself a Pakistani..Shame on you...

• religions are in the gens of human beings.

this is natural.

do not fight with nature.

please.

• Patroitism.

Love for soil.

That is the only binding factor for the people of Pakistan.

• Nationalist & Mufti JS

Islam and nothing else is and could be the only binding factor for the Muslims across the globe. That's why we see west only attacking Islam and using Islam to fulfill their evil agendas through people like JS and its ilk.

"Muslims are one Ummah, their land is one and their war is one". The bond of Aqeedah is much stronger then the bond of blood, the great example of which could be seen in Badr.

If for example I agree for the sack of argument that Patriotism is the binding force for the people of Pakistan, so if God forbid Pakistan divide tomorrow which part will you love but natural the province you are living in. If that province disintegrates then which part of the province you will love but natural the place you are living in. This like a rolling stone will never stop. Similarly if you think language be the binding factor, even this will come down to your tribe, the locality and then family. We can see a tug of war between different tribes to get the authority.

Hence we see that all these bonds are temporary and only become active when enemy attacks i.e. 1965 war. But as soon as the war ends people bond by these fragile bonds starts fighting each other.

Ideological bond is the strongest and people of Pakistan and the entire Ummah can get united under the banner of Islam and not Nationalism, patriotism etc which in it self are divisive and not able to unite people.

Regards

• JS

for the sake of discussion i agree that religon is the dividing factor, now please tell what could unite them.

Nationalist:

There are always basis for patriotism, sometimes ethinical, sometimes social, sometimes religon also act as a basis for patriotism. So my question was to identify the basis.

Adoins

My point was that sometimes language could also keep nation united, i did not said that always this happens. And also you did not said a word for the topic which was to highlight what could hold us together in your opinion. If thats not religon then what is that? i wanted to know that.

@all

The purpose of this discussion is, may be we could after this discussion come up with even more than one uniting factors and then later we could examine that who is striking on them and for what?

• When we talk about the people of Pakistan meaning 17crore people as a whole, for us the strongest bond that can keep us united is with a doubt Islam but if we talk about different sections with in Pakistan then for them there are different bonds that keep them together. And that sense of togetherness only activates when they fear of an external foe. So for some people language is the uniting force, for same certain locality and for some tribal loyalties. Hence one can find diverse reason for partial unities but when it comes to permanent bond between the people of Pakistan and the Ummah its only Islam and nothing else....

Regards

• (with correction)

When we talk about the people of Pakistan meaning 17crore people as a whole, for us the strongest bond that can keep us united is with out a doubt Islam but if we talk about different sections with in Pakistan then for them there are different bonds that keep them together. And that sense of togetherness only activates when they fear of an external foe. So for some people language is the uniting force, for same certain locality and for some tribal loyalties. Hence one can find diverse reason for partial unities but when it comes to permanent bond between the people of Pakistan and the Ummah its only Islam and nothing else....

Regards

• Show me where religion has worked to unite the humanity.

Are the Christians, Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs untied with the rope of religion.

No!

They get close for their economic needs to protect their survival.

I agree with JS that for one reason or other, the religion has done more damage to the Humanity.

Most of the killings and bloodshed in the human history has been done due to religion.

Religion was initiated to capture the sovereignty of the region under the disguise of Divine Origin of State.

The Ruler was declared as the image and direct appointee of God. He was known as Zille-Elahi in the East.

This philosophy has failed to work in 21st century.

The shopkeepers of Religion are aware what they are selling is fake, but has no other option to run their business.

To conclude one can say that the religion, like some other concepts, is also a dividing factor.

• only "Interests" can keep us united. When it was in the interest of Bengalis they struggled with us to form Pakistan, and when it was not they left us. Right now it is not in the interest of Balochistan to be part of Pakistan and therefore they are struggling to leave us. They damn care if they are leaving any muslim country. We are more friends with China as opposed to KSA or any other muslim majority country because China serves our intrests better.

When our interests collides we form sects in the religion, we form classes in the society and we even adopt new langauges.

I don't buy that Pakistan means Lailaha-illalah. Tht Kalma is universal and has nothing to do with certain piece of land. And it cannot be forced on the people of that land. My friends/brothers who are non-muslim but living in this country since ages are as much Pakistan as me or anyone else. It was the cruelity of enormous magnitude when just because someone didn't chose to convert to Islam, they were kicked out from their homes and forced to migrate to india or vice versa.

Treat everyone equally, do not deprive them of their rights, and maintain just and fair system of governance... in other words keep their interest in being united... even indians would love to be part of Pakistan.

• tolerance, patience and repect for all colors,races,ethnicity and religions can hold us together..

am sure only religion can't hold us together, if u don't believe me search, what was the contributing factor ov most ov wars including civil wars.

educate every1 that will bring possitive change obviously a farmer can't vote any1 else except his landlord. think about it!

• Muslims are ONE Ummah?

What a joke?

They are divided into 56 states which struggle to protect their economic and political agenda, even at the cost of invading other Muslim state, part of same 'ONE-Ummah.'

One section of One-Ummah is enjoying the lust of wine and beautiful women where the other section is dying of hunger.

• atlast this topic is again hi-jacked. JS bravo you have done it. This thread is again converted into Islam and secularism discussion which is going on all the threads.

Only Fahim has replied according to the topic.

What compells you to make every topic the same? Please if you and shikra want to post something against muslims and islam, just click any thread and post your comments in that. the same is also true for Mr. revivalist who is repeating the same mantra in every topic and every thread.

• Fahim23

Totally agree with you, now the next step is think what is that common interest which could keep us united and how to develop that interest. I mean could we do something to keep this country united.

• @misalligned

We have to eradicate the discrimination that is present at all levels in our society. Do you note that Balochistan is burning these days (yes even more) and here on this forum hardly you will find any topic relevant to that except the one created by IJay. I have hardly found any Baloch from Balochistan on internet forums.

Also in civil and military beaurocracy which take the shots for this country their presence is like "aatay men namak barabar". Even in media you will not find any Sindhi, Pathan or Balochi Anchor. Have you seen any Balochi journalist? Check the current CJ of Pakistan who has become CJ on Balochistan's domicile...who is he is he baloch? Who is the IJ of Balochistan...is he Baloch? These are the factors which grow a sense of alienation and deprivation in the neglacted areas of Pakistan. They are not even given a chance to come and cry for their grievences that too is being done by non-balochs. 90% of Balochistan's budget is depandant on the aid from Center a province which is full of natural resources and actually meet the energy demands of whole Pakistan.

Population of Punjab is growing while other provinces are contracting. Now 60% of Pakistan is Punjab. The three provinces except Punjab has agreed on NFC award to be awarded on the basis of population+poverty+area. But Punjab is insisting that it should be solely on the basis of population. Water share is the another bone of contention especiall between Sindh, NWFP and Punjab. And Balochistan has water issues with Sindh.

It is time we give preference and special attention to under developed and deprived peopel of Pakistan. We need to make their own voices heard on national level. I'd suggest that until they are brought on the fairly equal level, the development work in already developed areas should be minimised and only maintained. Our support will boost confidenace into them and eventually develop a sense of brotherhood. So that they too feel that it is Pakistan not Punjabistan. Only if we do that then we can remain united.

• We also need strong political parties which are present in every part of Pakistan. This is very power ful tool to keep us united. And being PPP supporter I take pride in the fact that PPP is one and only such party which represents federation.

• Fahim

you highlighted so many problems which we all know already, if you want i could even write 10 more points that why we are divided and what should be done. But the fact is that no body will ever gonna do that.

So i posted somewhat different topic. That if there is something which could hold us together inspite of this injustice which is present in between provinces and people.

In the next message you first time responded towards the issue, that political party. Yea thats true i 100% agree that a political party could hold us together and infact it did in the past. But now you see even this issue is under strike by the people who want to see pakistan in peices.

and PPP yea i was also once a big supporter of PPP but even PPP is deterioation now and it has almost lost its support in balochistan and even in NWFP its very limited now.

Looks like your connection to Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.