Karachi Violence: Who is Responsible??

• If you think the pukhtoons are “invaders” in Karachi- Sindh, also remember that the Urdu-speaking population did not “originate” in Karachi either.

I am from Karachi, and I have been to Sohrab Goth — several times — and have come back safe and sound. I come from an “Urdu-speaking” family and I’m a woman. The pukhtoon in Karachi have never been a threat for me or my family, or anyone else I know.

Secondly, the MQM-led City District Government Karachi (CDGK) did jack-all for “the people” of my city. Building flyovers and underpasses does not facilitate 98% of the population of my city who travel by buses. The “progress” that you brandish so proudly was merely an effort to facilitate multinationals — at the expense of local industries, including textile and pharmaceuticals.

Thirdly, are you aware of the fact that madressahs in Karachi “mushroomed” as you put it, under the Musharraf-led regime? The pukhtoon have nothing to do with it; on the other hand, .. your precious MQM (a brainchild of the ISI, just like the Taliban) have a lot to do with this growth of madressahs. The children who go to these madressahs come from the poorest backgrounds — from families who cannot even afford government schools. Who do you think is responsible for that — your average hard-working pukhtoon industrial worker, or your government which has historically done jack-all for the people of my country, for their healthcare, and for their education?

I would request YOU, .. “come out of the shell of hatred” and “analyse the situation rationally.” If you think the pukhtoon are “invaders” in this city, also remember that the Urdu-speaking populace did not “originate” in Karachi either. The pukhtoon, on the other hand, have built this city. They have worked in the summer heat, under the midday sun to build the roads, bridges, flyovers, underpasses and buildings that you speak of so proudly. In return, they deserve to be treated with respect, to be able to ensure quality education for their children, to have access to decent healthcare, and above all, to not be attacked by proto-fascists such as your precious MQM.

Next time around, please keep your racist bullshit to yourself, and check up on facts before shooting your mouth off for the heck of it. Spare us the ISI / MQM-generated ethnic propaganda.

http://iaoj.wordpress.com/2008/12/09/karachi-violence-who-is-responsible/?referer=sphere_related_content/