Pakistan Army Is Said to Be Linked to Many Killings in Swat

• Pakistan Army Is Said to Be Linked to Many Killings in Swat

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/15/world/asia/15swat.html?hp

A well-to-do landlord, Sher Shah Khan, who had criticized what he termed the army’s early reluctance to confront the militants, said he was not worried about the reports. “If the security services kill in the same manner as the Taliban killed, people have no problem.”

But the principal of a girls’ school, Ziauddin Yousafzi, said the military was making examples of the wrong people.

“The state cannot be barbaric,” he said. “If people see the bodies of the top leaders of the Taliban rather than the body of people like Akhtar Ali, they will be jubilant.”

• http://www.hrcp-web.org/PressReleaseDisplay.aspx?id=6

Lahore, August 12: A fact-finding mission of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP) to Swat has documented accounts of extrajudicial killings by the security forces, discovery of mass graves in the conflict-hit region, and the continued suffering of the civilian population.

A number of Swat residents have reported sighting mass graves in the area, including at least one in Kookarai village in Babozai tehsil of Swat district and another in an area between Dewlai and Shah Dheri in Kabal tehsil, the three-day mission’s report said on Tuesday. Witnesses who have seen mass burials said that at least in some cases the bodies appeared to be those of Taliban militants, it added.

The mission expressed HRCP’s grave concern over the “worrying development” and also over credible reports of numerous extrajudicial killings and reprisals carried out by security forces. The mission said: “It is vital for the success of the military operation against terrorists that the security forces’ actions are distinguishable from the atrocities committed by the Taliban. ‘Taliban justice’ has been rightly condemned for its brutal and arbitrary nature and was crucial in helping turn the public opinion against the extremists. Treatment of individuals by government must aspire to a higher standard.

Human rights violations by security forces can only be discouraged if the State puts in place a transparent mechanism to monitor violations both during and post-conflict and fulfills its obligation of providing justice through due process.”

• Bodies of Taliban Terrorists should be hanged with poles and trees instead of dumping them on mass-graves !

• red scorpian

The defendants are supposed to be tried in court of law with due process. The judge should hand down the punishment with the defendant getting a fair chance to defend himself. A state has to act civilized and not like a barbarian. Civilized people are supposed to live by a higher standard.

• this is propaganda .Army is not intentionally killing any one ,Taliban were using them as human shield and hiding in civilian population

• netengr

All is well and good if that is propaganda but we do have the so called "azad adliya" and if the judges in azad adliya are afraid of the Taliban than military courts can be set up. Mass killing is never the answer to a problem. We learned that in Bangladesh.

• @lota6177

'azad adliya' is already doing a good job of releasing criminal terrorists such as Hafiz Saeed, Mullah Abdul Aziz of Lal Masjid, and recently ex-MNA Shah Abdul Aziz !

Whereas Asghar Khan's petition is still not able to get attention of CJ IMC !

• unfortunately our army is working for some one 's else s agenda and in order to achieve this ,it has to kill its own natives.

sorry scheme of affairs .

we pay tax ...our tax goes to defense budget .

and defense forces use their guns to kill our own selves .

• beenai

I agree in the sense that foreign agenda is involved be it jihadist or American. Gen Zia open the doors for afghan jihad which brought in mujahidin or troublemakers from all the Muslim countries to Pakistan for holy war. The other governments were happy to get rid of the trouble makers. Gen Zia also brought in American and Saudi influence in Pakistan. Our culture changed to drugs and klashnkouf overnight. We need to get rid of foreign interference American and jihadist and live in peace.

• Assalam-o-Alaikum-Warahmat-ULLAH ALL,

What did we at JI/MMA say about these military operations?

We said this military operations were being done against the people, not against Taliban.

You are proving the same with this thread.

You, the people of Pakistan won't accept what we say BEFORE it happens. But you will publish NEWS about it AFTER it happens, in professional ways, exactly!!! what how the Americans act.

How foolish of you?

• "this is propaganda .Army is not intentionally killing any one ,Taliban were using them as human shield and hiding in civilian population"

اب یس کو اے پڑھو

"this is propaganda .Isreal is not intentionally killing any one , Hammas were using them as human shield and hiding in civilian population"

sound so familiar... right

• hariskhan

JI has no shame at all

What it was doing when operation was being carried out in BAlochhistan ? Sitting in the lap of musharf ?

What it was doing when operation was being done against being bengalis ? DAncing like a pro infront of yahya .

• hariskhan

JI has no shame at all

What it was doing when operation was being carried out in BAlochhistan ? Sitting in the lap of musharf ?

What it was doing when operation was being done against being bengalis ? DAncing like a pro infront of yahya .

@admin @Moderator: Please note this thread as another example for the record, of AsifK trying to defocus the discussion from its original topic.

In this instance he is attacking my credibility to make my statements loose weightage, rather than contributing anything positive in this discussion.

• hariskhan

walakium salam warihmutullah all

bhia Lecture denay saie pehlay JI kaie karnamiy phar lain East Pakistan mein.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razakars_(Bangladesh)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Badr_(East_Pakistan)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Shams

Abb dil khol kaie lecture dain.

AsifK: I don't have any doubts about JI/MMA.

Right now, we are talking about NWFP. Let's stick to the topic.

JI/MMA was representing individual provinces. Musharraf was representing the federation at that time. You decide who had more power, who could over-rule who.

I believe you already know this. You are intentionally trying to defocus this discussion from its original topic, in order to keep me or us busy in worthless bickering.

I believe you are attacking my credibility in order to make my statements loose weightage in the eyes of the public. I believe you will fail INSHALLAH.

lotay paee jaan, those are baseless allegations (period).

Let's talk about NWFP and its situation, rather than going abroad right now, shall we?

P.S. I believe its only a matter of time before I find the truth and slap it on to your face. I believe you already know it, but won't come out with it. You'll wait till I do my independent research :-) Hold on then. It will take some time :-)

• hariskhan

walkium -Warahmat-ULLAH ALL,

bhai jaan aap bengladesh ki islamic university ka deen ka article parna pasand karain gain ju in allegations ko support karta haie yeh hamooud ul rehman commission ki report jo supreme court of pakistan ka judges ki report haie. Aap ko yakin kiss ki baat ka haie woh naam betah dain?

Independent research kaie liyie kabhie takbeer, al jihad, dhamka now aur boom boom jihadi magazine kaie aliwa bhie koch par liya karain. Har waqat aap slap on the face ka chukar maie rehtain hain.

lotay paee jaan, you made this thread for the deeds of Pak Army against the people of NFWP. Where did Bangladesh come into the talk ?

Why don't you make an independent thread on THAT subject and leave this one to its own topic?

If you can't have a decent discussion on a topic that YOU introduced, well, then I might as well call the admin to close this thread. Its no use talking about non-sense which if off-topic for this thread.

How do you want to proceed?

• hariskhan

walkium Warahmat-ULLAH ALL,

bhaie aap is thread maie mma or ji ko ghaseth laie. Sorry for the mirror. Aap gistarah kehtain hain waisa hi hona chiye. AAp kossh rahain sadie khair haie.