US 'threatened to bomb' Pakistan

• Pervez Musharraf, the puppet installed by the US to rule Pakistan in the interest of US hegemony, a proven liar, said in his lecture at Trinity University, Texas, USA. that Gen. Mehmud, DG ISI at that time of 9/11, told him about Richard Armitage, the US deputy secretary of state at the time, threatened with if Pakistan did not agree to support America's war on terror 'Be prepared to be bombed,' Be prepared to go back to the Stone Age.’ Musharraf has also written about this in his book ‘In the Line of Fire.’

Answering to a question about this threat Musharraf said, “Mr. Armitage conveyed this message to the head of ISI. But he (Armitage) denies this. When he told me that he didn’t do this so I said ‘I am sorry.’ I was told that you said this and I have written this in my book. If you haven’t done, I take my words back.” May be he (Armitage) hasn’t done it. So let’s leave that aside.”

Remember that this ‘alleged’ threat to Pakistan was given in 2001 and Musharraf’s memoir was published in 2006 and now in 2009 after 8 years Musharraf telling the world that Richard Armitage did not give any such threat. Musharraf did not tell the audience about when Richard Armitage told him that he didn’t do this.

Musharraf in his interview with 60 Minutes on CBS News, Sept. 24, 2006, said, “Armitage disputes the exact language, but doesn’t deny that the message was strong. Musharraf says ‘he believes his director of intelligence’ and says he took it as a threat.”

Musharraf used this story to browbeat the Pakistani corps commanders into falling in line and adopting his prescription for cooperation with the US.

"It was a threat, certainly," Musharraf says. "I took it that the United States, after having whatever happened to the World Trade Center, would be a wounded country – a wounded sole superpower and they are going to do anything to counter and to punish the perpetrators. Now, if we stand in the way of that, we are going to suffer."

Hassan Abbas, the author of "Pakistan’s Drift into Extremism: Allah, the Army and America’s War on Terror, has written in his story “Inside Story of Musharraf-Mahmood Tussle.” He writes,

“On the eve of the 9/11 terror attacks, in a crucial National Security Council meeting at the White House, Colin Powell, the then U.S. secretary of state, strongly asserted: "We have to make it clear to Pakistan and Afghanistan, this is show time."

General Mahmood Ahmed, who was on an official visit to the United States as a CIA guest, and Maleeha Lodhi, Pakistan’s ambassador to the United States, were asked to attend a meeting with senior American officials on September 12, 2001. To be fully prepared, Mahmood called Musharraf to discuss the emerging scenario and take instructions for the important meeting. Musharraf told him to report back immediately after the meeting and gauge how the wind was blowing. On the morning of September 12, the U.S. deputy secretary of state, Richard Armitage, in a "hard-hitting conversation," told Mahmood that Pakistan had to make a choice—"you are either 100 percent with us or 100 percent against us—there is no gray area." In the words of Armitage, Mahmood "was immediately willing to cooperate." In the afternoon, Mahmood was invited to CIA headquarters at Langley, Virginia, where he was firmly told that Mullah Omar and the Taliban would have to face U.S. military might if Osama bin Laden along with other Al-Qaeda leaders were not handed over without delay. To send the message across clearly, Richard Armitage held a second meeting with Mahmood the same day, informing him that he would soon be handed over specific American demands which are "non-negotiable", to which Mahmood reiterated that Pakistan would cooperate.”

I have gone through several readings on this issue but could not find Richard Armitage had ever said anything like ‘Be prepared to be bombed, ‘Be prepared to go back to the Stone Age.’ General (R) Hameed Gul has said several times that he can prove Richard Armitage never said such thing.

• Musharraf lied to the nation and his institute.

• Trinity University, Texas, USA.

Is not the one,throw the master degree's as cash and carry.