Yemen's al-Houti tribe against Saudi Arabia

• Saudis struggle against Yemeni rebel - Saudi Arabia's untested military finds the going slow against Yemen's battle-hardened rebels

SALAH NASRAWI

Jan 13, 2010

Saudi Arabia's latest announcement of the death toll in its two-month old battle with Yemeni rebels along the border is a stark reminder of the ferocity of the fighting in this remote part of the Arabian peninsula, even as the kingdom tries to use air strikes and artillery to minimize casualties.

On Tuesday, Prince Khaled bin Sultan, the Saudi assistant defense minister, said clashes with Yemeni rebels have killed 82 Saudis and left 21 missing, in one of his regular briefings on the fighting since his forces went on the offensive on Nov. 5.

Yemen's Hawthi rebels have been battling their own government since 2004 over neglect and discrimination, but when they crossed the border into Saudi Arabia and killed two border guards in November, Saudi Arabia's well-funded, but untested military joined the fray. Or so runs the pretext of making war on Yemen

• I can't imagine saudis fighting, I think these are all hired mercenaries from Pak/Bangla/etc

• Did you leave out mention of Blackwater on purpose?

• The Chickens Come Home to Roost!

• Indeed, zia m, indeed. One tended to think the west would get their come-uppance in Afghanistan. Now it would appear it's a double-pronged trap they've fallen into. Af-Pak on the one hand, Yemen on the other.

• Here comes sectarian factor again !

Al-Houthis are Zaidi Shias that's why Wahabi government of Saudi Arabia fighting with them !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hussein_Badreddin_al-Houthi

• Off topic, if I may: I hope the members of this blog will join me in expressing our utter sorrow to the people of Haiti, one of the poorest countries in the world, now practically wiped out by a magnitude 7 earthquake. We who not so long ago went through a similar experience of utter horror, we, I hope will stand by the Haitians as they once again struggle to make sense out of what remains of their lives.

• One of the greatest natural disaster in one of the poorest nations.Thousands are dead.

My deepest condolences to the people of Haiti.

• Assalam-o-Alaikum-Warahmat-ULLAH ALL,

US might not have fallen into any traps.

That area, where US is sending its troops, all the oil tankers through which oil is exported to the world, if US has military control over it, US can implement its hegemony over oil supply to the entire world.

Under the guise of 'Al-Qaeda' US is employing a 'strategic' tactic of 'bullying' yet again, to save its 'dollar', to save its economy, to save its 'world leadership' status.

We Pakistanis' should be able to understand much of what US has done and is going to do, through review of their actions and comparing them with their words.

• red scorpion i think you are again derailing the threads with your nonsense.

• RS,

Thanks for letting us know there is a thread on the topic.

• Salam,

zia m has better understanding than you :)

• Scrop

Plz do not derail threads and covert the forum into fish market.

• Assalam-o-Alaikum-Warahmat-ULLAH ALL,

Admin / Moderators: Please remove all off-topic posts, even if they are my own, which means, this one as well.

• @Moderators

As a thread on Haiti disaster has been initiated, please remove irrelevant posts from this thread

http://pkpolitics.com/discuss/topic/our-condolences-to-people-of-haiti#post-109759

• America can take on every country in the world, it will still not be able to save its economy, its people, its "imperial" might. For the moment, the Muslims are at the forefront because of the Jewish bias informing the actions of the zioentity. Tomorrow it will be the other powers it will have to take on: China, Russia and, eventually, EU, if that braindead organisation still exists. The Yemen conflict should be seen in that light rather than as a sectarian diversion of limited interest. And remember, if the Saudis go, the west goes that much faster.

• America can take on every country in the world, it will still not be able to save its economy, its people, its "imperial" might. For the moment, the Muslims are at the forefront because of the Jewish bias informing the actions of the zioentity. Tomorrow it will be the other powers it will have to take on: China, Russia and, eventually, EU, if that braindead organisation still exists. The Yemen conflict should be seen in that light rather than as a sectarian diversion of limited interest. And remember, if the Saudis go, the west goes that much faster.

• So sorry, mistakenly pressed twice on the send button.

• hariskhan..

US might not have fallen into any traps.

That area, where US is sending its troops, all the oil tankers through which oil is exported to the world, if US has military control over it, US can implement its hegemony over oil supply to the entire world"

Yet another conspiracy by Americans? They just needed another front to further ruin their economy.