More abuse of taxpayer money ?

• Assalam-o-Alaikum-Warahmat-ULLAH ALL,

DAWN News: Govt will pay Rs45bn to ease energy crisis

Saturday, 13 Mar, 2010

Prime Minister Gilani has asked the ministry of petroleum and natural resources to present the Pakistan-Iran gas pipeline project to the cabinet on Wednesday. –Photo by APP

ISLAMABAD: The government decided on Friday to immediately release Rs45 billion to Pakistan State Oil, power companies and refineries to scale down rising circular debt which was causing an oil, gas and electricity crisis in the country.

The decision was taken at a special meeting called by Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani to ward off an imminent default in foreign payments against oil supplies.

The prime minister asked the ministry of petroleum and natural resources to present the Pakistan-Iran gas pipeline project to the cabinet on Wednesday.

An official said the finance ministry had been ordered to release Rs2 billion to PSO on Saturday, followed by Rs9 billion on April 2 and another Rs34 billion before April 30 through different sources, including issuance of Rs15 billion term finance certificates (TFCs) to the banking sector.

(1) More abuse, continued abuse of taxpayer money ?

(2) What's going on ?

(3) For how long will this go on ?

(4) For how long will this be tolerated ?

• aik tau yeh samujh nahi ata kai tax laitay kiyon hain jubh kuch bhi nahi kartay siwaee loot maar kai.

jubh tak musharaf kai baqiaat ki hakomat rahay gi yahee hoga.

• I think this money was owed by electricity distribution company (which are state entities) and since these comapnies are not able to generate enough revenue as well as govt is subsidizing the electricity prices, thats why the govt has released this money to private IPPs and oil suplliers.

I don't see any prolbem in that. In fact, govt should clear this circular debt but due to fiscal constraints ,its not able to do so.

I think there around 2-3 million govt employees which are paid salaires apart from govt schools and hospitals and all the infrastructue work thats going on. On top of that , for the ego satisfaction of religous fanats , we have to feed 'ROUGE ARMY' which sucks the major chunk of our taxes.

O! great!. First Govt. officials will do full! scale corruption in state owned companies. Then they'll shove taxpayer money into the fray.

..and then we have some people tell us, that since the company subsidized a lot it couldn't make ends meat.

How charming. Now subsidies are the reason why we are having this problem.

I can't stop laughing.

• u can do whatever u want but doesn't change the facts.

• when the nation has been awarded a President called Mr 10% .

it should forgot about its tax money forever .

Time and again, it came to my attention that Mr. 10% has been extorting money from businesses in Pakistan. Gourmet chain, Ufone and other mobile operators, etc etc.

That is also why their rates of service have increased in these last 2 years.

• And now the load shedding hours are increased again! Well done!

These B A S T AR D Ministers have been claiming to end load shedding for past year but nothing has been done so far except new dead lines!

• Beenai & Harris

Do u know that what circular debt problem is at all ?

Before bashing zardari or present governemnt, please have a look at the following link as well.

• "aik tau yeh samujh nahi ata kai tax laitay kiyon hain jubh kuch bhi nahi kartay siwaee loot maar kai."

Lo itni mehnat sai assemply main kiyoon ayai. Yar ye tax ham aur aap se laikar swiss accounts ko bharna hai bhai.

There is only one use of our tax money.

@RajputPuttar: Don't give me this BS! of excuses. Keep! them. You'll need them for yourself.

I know better.

• Q:awam kay nmainday kion chunaye jatay hain?

A:Takay awam khud select karaein kay unka pasia kon khaye ga?

• Harriskhan

This is what there is no answre is avalable.

What do u know ? Do u deny this newsitem ?

Aur abb mein sakht jawab doon gaa . Pata naahhi kaaisaey kaaisey loog yaahan par aa jatey haain. --- kaa pata nahi aur baatain karain gaaey ?

@RajputPuttar: There are answers. I could write books on them.

Its just that I'm not putting up details of the answer here.

That is why you have this opportunity to speak. If I put up the answer, there will be no place where you can hide your face from the shame, that will become your fate.

• If u had anything , u would have done so far.

Keep this BS crap with yourself.

Circular debt is your only argument, right ?

Previous Govt. of Pakistan says, we cleared circular debt when we were going out.

So, what happened since then ? What happened in these last two years that is making circular debt pile up ?

IF u can't read then what i can do.

According to above news item , the circular debt in June 2008 was around 200B.

Who said that previous govt.had cleared the circular debt ? CAn u plz quote the newsitem ?

• jab piayar kiya tou darna kiya ?

jab ZARDARI aya tou Tax money ka sochna kiya ?:):):)

@choosy: Agar aap ne fikar nahi karni, sochna nahi hai, to phir is dunya main kya karne ae ho ?

Wapas! jao ALLAH ke paas, shab-baash!

• @Haris bhai ,

mein tou jub bulawa aya chala jayon ga .

aap batayein .apkay kiya plans hain?

no2..soch soch kay aap ne abtak kiya kiya ????

Looks like your connection to Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.